Crede

shoota

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 04:12 AM)
I plan on going back after my lifetime ban expires.

Seriously, I'm just trying to inform another segment of Sox fans who may have been blinded to the insight I awaken in them.

If you watched the playoff games and world series you would realize he is an above average 3rd baseman.

As a matter of fact since you don't watch much - he made an above average play on the very next ball put in play !!!!!!

:gosoxretro:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balance @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:51 AM)
Man, to hear some posters here talk, if a player makes an error during the season, he's crap. Only perfection will suffice.

:stick

Yeah, what Balance said.

"Believe me, the farther you sit from the plate, the smarter you get." -- Ozzie Guillen, in the Playboy interview, talking about the criticism of his team and game that he hears from people who don't play and have never played baseball.

QUOTE(zach61 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
Too late, he already did. Guess he missed the WS last yr. He probably still thinks Jose Valentin should be our 3rd baseman.

I think Jose Valentin should still be our 3B/SS...

...but that has more to do with a freakishly weird, yet completely natural obsession with the sexy beast that is Jose Valentin. :) :huh

QUOTE(henry wiggins @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
Yeah, what Balance said.

"Believe me, the farther you sit from the plate, the smarter you get." -- Ozzie Guillen, in the Playboy interview, talking about the criticism of his team and game that he hears from people who don't play and have never played baseball.

Glad I am en exception. I play baseball. :D

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:21 AM)
I agree Mike...

You know I am getting sick and tired of these reactionary posts to specific situations and their subsequent trashing of good players on our team.

First the Thome post , now Crede. Their history and stats speak for themselves.

to Shoota:

Crede is one of the BEST defensive 3rd baseman in the game. Period.

You have NO facts to back up your claim except your twisted agenda.

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:44 AM)
If you watched the playoff games and world series you would realize he is an above average 3rd baseman.

As a matter of fact since you don't watch much - he made an above average play on the very next ball put in play !!!!!!

:gosoxretro:

Can't I agree that he's one of the better defensive 3Bman in the game while also stating he's overrated defensively?

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)
Maybe I wasn't clear in my first post: Yes I'm upset at Crede for his lack of ability, but this thread was intended to be more of a criticism of announcers who try to patronize viewers instead of calling a play on its own.

Like his dropped foul popup against Boston last year? CLUTCH.

Crede's defense is overvalued and does not deserve the level of respect he receives from Sox fans and announcers.

Rewatch Game 1 & 2 or the WS and how Joe single handedly saved about 6 runs with diving stops at the corner--in two games we won 7-6 and 5-3, we could EASILY have been heading to Houston down 0-2 if it wasn't for him. On the season recap DVD that I've watched about 100 times, the deserved praise for Joe's D was huge-check out the look on Biggio's face afte Joe robs him. Ozzie started the Gold Glove discussion this year because of Joe's consistent clutch play, and I for one thought he certainly had a case to displace Chavez as the perennial GG winner. It seemed that the week that lobbying began, he started racking up VERY uncharacteristic errors.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
I think Jose Valentin should still be our 3B/SS...

...but that has more to do with a freakishly weird, yet completely natural obsession with the sexy beast that is Jose Valentin. :) :huh

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

if you're going to bash crede on getting 2 errors, you better think again. if you look at the play, he only shoulda gotten one and that was on the throw, the ball took a bounce. i mean, yes, it did go into his glove, but he's still an amazing fielder. then you're trying to bring up the foul ball pop up, i mean, it coulda been worse (i.e. FAIR)...look at the cubs...aramis ramirez "lost the ball in the sun" and it hit him in the head....IN FAIR TERITORY!! give crede a break, he definately deserves it!

QUOTE(UC76 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 10:00 AM)
Is Crede playing today (Sunday)?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

After receiving a painful epidural injection Friday in his aching back, third baseman Joe Crede said he felt better, although it is doubtful he will return to the starting lineup until Monday.