Sox Top Ten Prospects...

doubleM23

2003 Outlook: The White Sox have struggled for some time to find a permanent centerfielder. Borchard would be tough to take defensively in center, especially with the White Sox starting Carlos Lee in left, who serves little more function defensively than a lawn ornament. One way or another Borchard is most likely going to be playing fulltime in the White Sox outfield in 2003. Whether that's in center or leftfield (Carlos Lee trades have been rumored since the Clinton administration) is to be determined.

I don't see any room on our 25-man roster for Borchard this year, because we all know that Carlos WILL be playing out in left, and I'm thinking that Rowand will get the call in center. It appears as if Jiminez should get the starting spot at second, which means that Harris will be the utility backup at CF/2B. The only time I see Borchard up in the big squad is when our roster expands to 40 men in September. Other than that, he MIGHT (but I highly doubt it) have a VERY small chance of being put on the bench.

Nice report...

BUT, where are Malone, Ring, Josh Stewart and David Sanders.

Malone and Ring have gotta be on this list and with the way Stewart and Sanders outpitched Valentine in the AFL, I am wondering why they were left off.

Originally posted by abozichiu

Nice report...

BUT, where are Malone, Ring, Josh Stewart and David Sanders.

Malone and Ring have gotta be on this list and with the way Stewart and Sanders outpitched Valentine in the AFL, I am wondering why they were left off.

Well, you can only fit so many people on a Top 10 list, I suppose. I was a little surprised to see Hummell there and not Malone; seeing as Malone's troubles were more likely caused by injury and Hummell just struggled.

Ring hasn't been around in pro ball long enough, I don't think, to make a serious estimation of his level of talent.

I think what holds ring back is the fact he's a reliever, but then again that didn't hold Valentine back.

I'd of had Malone in their because he was so damn good 2 years ago and last year he was still sharp, especially if you take away his control problems.

Of course, Malone has a ton to learn and hopefully he will be healthy and 100% by the start of the season and for good.