Tigers @ White Sox, Game Thread

NYSox35

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
Tonight's Lineup

Pods, LF; Iguchi, 2B; Thome, DH; Konerko, 1B; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Crede, 3B; Mack, CF; Cintron, SS. Garland takes the mound.

Juan Uribe's wife, Ana, had the couple's baby today. It was a boy. No word yet on name or details.

I like the lineup. We are due for a breakout game offensively. I predict 8-1 Sox.

Guest JimH
Tonight's Lineup

Pods, LF; Iguchi, 2B; Thome, DH; Konerko, 1B; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Crede, 3B; Mack, CF; Cintron, SS. Garland takes the mound.

Two things about this lineup IMO ...

If Ozzie were as obsessed with the lefty-right matchup thing as some here suggest, Ozuna would be in LF tonite.

As for Anderson, this (to me) seals his fate, he'll be shipped out to AAA after the game or tomorrow. Ozzie and the coaches seem to think he'd get schooled by Rogers, personally I would've put him in there, kind of a "what the heck, why not" approach. But their mind is made up.

This team either needs Anderson to get untracked pronto, or they need to find a suitable CF pronto.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
Tonight's Lineup

Juan Uribe's wife, Ana, had the couple's baby today. It was a boy. No word yet on name or details.

Love the lineup, if it aint broke don't fix it.

I can't help but notice that the last couple days it seems as if the Sox have stepped it up knowing they were big games. Sometimes I feel like they can only get up for huge games. It will be nice to see what Jon does tonight considering its probably the biggest game of the year so far. A repeat of what he did to the Angels in the playoffs would be nice!

:gosox3:

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
This team either needs Anderson to get untracked pronto, or they need to find a suitable CF pronto.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him go down to AAA, get a few hits, suddenly find his stroke, and find himself right back in the big leagues.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
As for Anderson, this (to me) seals his fate, he'll be shipped out to AAA after the game or tomorrow.

Highly likely. I just hope he can get into a grove in AAA and be back up ready to contribute with his bat as well as his glove.