Tigers @ White Sox, Game Thread

NYSox35

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I guess his 5.83 era and the fact he is giving hr's up every start is not his fault either. :banghead

4 runs off of HRS tonight. 19 given up on the season. More HRs than BBs. That doesn't even make sense. I say leave Garland in the rest of the game. See if he can figure his stuff out.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
This crap is getting old... Jon pitches one of his best games all year... the defense s***s the bed. None of those balls were even hit freaken remotely hard except for the HR and even that wasn't a bad pitch... If we have a semi competant CF we don't even give up one run that inning...

good thing to know i have a couple people that agree with me.

Don't misunderstand it for trolling, I'm not like that. I'm just stating my opinion on what I think could happen.

Get a life and post on your own message board. Nobody want's you here. I can't wait until your team is in 3rd place by mid-july; maybe then you will get the f*** out of here.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
It's been lousy for a while.

yea we score alot of runs, but the offense is so fustrating to watch. we cant execute or do anything right.

our D sucks too, bullpen, garland-wow we have a lot of holes

Blaming Garland is silly. I know he's the whipping boy, but this loss goes 100 percent on Mackowiak and Cora, they have alone caused a 6 run swing towards Detroit.

Are you kidding me? Garland faced a little adversity and then completely s*** himself. A mediocre pitcher manages to weather that storm and minimize the damage. Garland folded like a house of cards.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 06:51 PM)
That's what I'm saying....at least they have other options to possibly fill in. We have nothing.

We have nothing to fill in exactly 1 spot. Almost every other position we have plenty of backup options. We just have no CF. And hell, they're spending over 2x as much as us, and they still have some pretty major holes.

I browse and dont post alot but can we giv the tigger fan the boot he is trolling. He only posts with weak oppinanted garble its sickening. He can go elsewhere and cheerlead.

Nice to see someone agrees with me.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:52 AM)
No one's saying it isn't a problem.

What jphat007 is saying, and you know this full well, is that it's not like KW can just snap his fingers and get a new CF. You know as well as everyone else he is one of the most aggressive GM's out there and you also know he is out looking, probably as we speak.

Teams have to match up trade wise, the timing has to be right, and early June is almost always a non trading time of the season.

Hopefully he can pull something off, and soon. My sense is Anderson gets shipped out after the game.

See, that's a perfect explanation. I couldn't agree more. I just think KW's had about a month of seeing this terrible production, and even if he can't make a huge transaction, a little band-aid would do this team well.

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
good thing to know i have a couple people that agree with me.

There's a reason there's only a couple....Jon isn't a very good pitcher doesnt a era of 5.8+ indicate somethin to you?? last year was a fluke for Jonny my friend and it's unfortunate

Good thing to know i have a couple people that agree with me.

Garland will never be good in the eyes of many who post on message boards.

It's the way it always will be for whatever reason.

We should have 2 threads each game he pitches. One game thread should just

be the "Garland sucks" thread.

Guest JimH
So what will it take to get the likes of:

Corey Patterson + Latroy Hawkins ? or Brady Clark + Matt Wise?

Patterson is going nowhere and plus he hits lefthanded and they have preference for a righthanded hitter.

Clark is definitely an option and although I don't know for sure, I'm quite certain they have had conversations with the Brewers. The two GM's have a great relationship and they match up pretty well. Brewers want young starter prospects and we have them.

Are you kidding me? Garland faced a little adversity and then completely s*** himself. A mediocre pitcher manages to weather that storm and minimize the damage. Garland folded like a house of cards.

I agree. If I had to rank my top reasons for why we are losing right now, I'd say:

1. Garland's lapses

2. Lack of timely hitting and for that matter hitting period.

3. Rob M. brain cramps

4. Konerko brain cramp.

5. Joey Cora and/or JD not being Flash Gordon.

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)
So what will it take to get the likes of:

Corey Patterson + Latroy Hawkins ? or Brady Clark + Matt Wise?

i dont really like these players but ill take my chances w/clark and wise

hawkins sux and i think they would be busts w/us

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
yea we score alot of runs, but the offense is so fustrating to watch. we cant execute or do anything right.

our D sucks too, bullpen, garland-wow we have a lot of holes

That's exactly what it looks like.

Garland will never be good in the eyes of many who post on message boards.

It's the way it always will be for whatever reason.

"For whatever reason"??? I have a reason for you: his career. Look at the various years of his career. He has a bunch of mediocre years, ONE GOOD YEAR and then this crappy year. How does one good year make him a good pitcher? On the contrary, he has proven that he is at best a mediocre pitcher.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blaming Garland is silly. I know he's the whipping boy, but this loss goes 100 percent on Mackowiak and Cora, they have alone caused a 6 run swing towards Detroit.

Umm, If Mack hits the cutoff man, Thames hits a 3 run homer. How is that his fault?