Tigers @ White Sox, Game Thread

NYSox35

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
Again, I repeat....where was the play that wasn't made that would have gotten him out of the inning. Jphat...you know I was furious with Mackowiak in that inning. However, Garland was unable to get the third out in that inning, and it lost us the game. If he pitches the way he did tonight though, he'll usually have better results.

Mack should have thrown out Pudge easily for one.

For two Garland made two awesome pitches to get out of that inning, and it didn't work out. Then he made one bad pitch, and sure it'd be nice if he didn't make that pitch, but I'm not gonna say he pitched a bad game because of that one bad pitch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
The name of the game is to get an out.

If he throws strikes, he has enough stuff to pitch at this level. I have more confidence in him than I do Montero.

Exactly. And that is why JG gets the loss. But that doesn't mean he pitched poorly. He pitched well, things didn't go his way, and got the loss. He was gonna get it whether he gave up that bomb or not.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:39 AM)
Mack should have thrown out Pudge easily for one.

For two Garland made two awesome pitches to get out of that inning, and it didn't work out. Then he made one bad pitch, and sure it'd be nice if he didn't make that pitch, but I'm not gonna say he pitched a bad game because of that one bad pitch.

Pudge would have never went if he saw that Mackowiak was in position. You can't assume an out on a play that wouldn't have happened if Mackowiak had his head in the game (boy, do our center fielders have their heads up their asses this week in the field). I'm not going to criticize Garland for anything but his inability to keep the ball in the park.