MVP '06 College Baseball

dasox24

I know there was a thread about this game a few months back, but the search feature isn't working and it's not around anymore, so I thought I'd ask some questions to those who bought the game. I'm probably gonna buy it, but I want to have some questions answered first.

1) I have read that the actual gameplay (hitting, pitching, etc.) is great, but other than that there's not much to it. i.e. Commentary may not be the best, and it's just kind of a bland experience while playing.... Is this true, and if so, did it really have an affect on your liking the game or not, or did you not care at all?

2) I also read that it had made up players. Now, when it says that, does it mean that the players are completely made up and have nothing to do with the real players? Or, does it mean it's like NCAA Football, where they can't have the player's name on the game b/c of NCAA reasons, but they just make everything about that player the same and give him the name "#7", for example. I'd hope it's just like the football games so I can play with McCulloch, John Shelby, Matt Long (if they have MU), etc.

Thanks.

Edited by dasox24

1) I'm still playing my copy of it. I'm using a set of sliders I found on operationsports.com and am having LOADS of fun. I'm at the end of my 2nd year in my KU dynasty (playing the first game of a series, coaching the rest). It really is a fun game to play, at least with the sliders I'm using. I really like the playoff system of college baseball, so many win or go home games.

2) The players have fake names, but are based on LAST YEAR'S NCAA rosters

QUOTE(SnB @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 05:17 AM)
1) I'm still playing my copy of it. I'm using a set of sliders I found on operationsports.com and am having LOADS of fun. I'm at the end of my 2nd year in my KU dynasty (playing the first game of a series, coaching the rest). It really is a fun game to play, at least with the sliders I'm using. I really like the playoff system of college baseball, so many win or go home games.

2) The players have fake names, but are based on LAST YEAR'S NCAA rosters

So wait, when you say "last year's NCAA rosters," do you mean it has guys like Ryan Zimmerman and Lance Broadway?