• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Reifert....

Friday, June 9, 2006, 3:02 pm

Tonight's Lineup

A little different look against the left-hander ...

Pods, LF; Ozuna, 3B; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Iguchi, 2B; Uribe, SS, Anderson, CF. Vazquez pitching.

Gooch drops down in the order. Interesting...

Edited by The Ginger Kid

Pablo is playing 3rd tonight and batting second, as Iguchi gets moved down in the order. Ozzie Jr. isn't going to be happy. He ripped his dad on his radio show for attempting to move Iguchi out of the 2 hole. His view was if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

With this lineup, and Victor Martinez behind the plate...GET OFF TO THE RACES.

Seriously, anyone not named Konerko, Thome, or Pierzynski has a shot to steal on Martinez if they get on base. And Cliff Lee hasn't given him much help this year.

Manufacture a few runs, cause some problems, and let's win this bloody game. Keep it going Javy, and stop those damn big innings.

Oh, and by the way...Brandon McCarthy MUST get work tonight.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
Pablo is playing 3rd tonight and batting second, as Iguchi gets moved down in the order. Ozzie Jr. isn't going to be happy. He ripped his dad on his radio show for attempting to move Iguchi out of the 2 hole. His view was if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Muy Intersante, i know his show is on sundays on the score corret? but isn't it in spanish?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
With this lineup, and Victor Martinez behind the plate...GET OFF TO THE RACES.

Seriously, anyone not named Konerko, Thome, or Pierzynski has a shot to steal on Martinez if they get on base. And Cliff Lee hasn't given him much help this year.

Manufacture a few runs, cause some problems, and let's win this bloody game. Keep it going Javy, and stop those damn big innings.

Oh, and by the way...Brandon McCarthy MUST get work tonight.

Agreed, i wanna see some McCarthy/Thornton/Tracey/Jenks love tonight, any two of those will do. I also want a no-no from Javy so we might not even see the pen tonight :P

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
Muy Intersante, i know his show is on sundays on the score corret? but isn't it in spanish?

Agreed, i wanna see some McCarthy/Thornton/Tracey/Jenks love tonight, any two of those will do. I also want a no-no from Javy so we might not even see the pen tonight :P

I just want BMac to keep getting work. He hasn't pitched since Tuesday. Rust has clearly been a problem for him previously, and he was dynamite on Tuesday when he looked like he was starting to get into a rhythm.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 04:28 PM)
I just want BMac to keep getting work. He hasn't pitched since Tuesday. Rust has clearly been a problem for him previously, and he was dynamite on Tuesday when he looked like he was starting to get into a rhythm.

i agree i think he needs consistant work to get a feel for his change/curve.

Vasquez has great numbers vs. Cleveland, and Lee has been horrible against us I believe (at least those 2 have been true this year). So in theory, this pitching matchup should favor us strongly, whereas Sabathia vs. Buehrle should favor Cleveland strongly.

What will happen? Cleveland wins tonight, we win tomorrow I bet. That's just how baseball is :).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Quote from powerhouse Tigers pitcher Jamie Walker:

"These fans here in Chicago are a black eye, cussing when there are kids around. I mean it's just bad for baseball."

Thank you Jamie. We'll try and do a better job next time you're in town to make your stay more pleasant.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 03:57 PM)

"These fans here in Chicago are a black eye, cussing when there are kids around. I mean it's just bad for baseball."

Thank you Jamie. We'll try and do a better job next time you're in town to make your stay more pleasant.

f*** him.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
Any word on Crede??

Should be interesting with both Pods and Ozuna at the top of the order. I don't believe I've seen that before.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

Supposedly Joe should be playing tomorrow, IIRC. Linky.

Crede is listed as day-to-day and, in accordance with manager Ozzie Guillen's policy of giving players who leave a game an extra day of rest, will not play in Friday's opener against the Indians.

"There's nothing really wrong, and he expects to play Saturday," Guillen said after talking with Crede. Guillen had not yet spoken with White Sox athletic trainer Herm Schneider.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 05:57 PM)

Blow me, Jamie.

I realize this isn't going to make any more popular around here (not that I was to begin with), but I'm going to agree with Jamie on this one. Not just in Chicago per se but at any sports event. People need to more mindful of what they do and say and how it can affect the people around them, particularly the younger people in attendance.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
I realize this isn't going to make any more popular around here (not that I was to begin with), but I'm going to agree with Jamie on this one. Not just in Chicago per se but at any sports event. People need to more mindful of what they do and say and how it can affect the people around them, particularly the younger people in attendance.

Right. And this never happens in Detroit. Or New York. Or Boston. It's not right, but for him to single out the fans in Chicago is just lame.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 05:57 PM)

ummmm and detroit fans are any better??? hey, it happens everywhere.

>hes just mad because we took 2/3 and alex got the game winning hit off him.

f*** him :finger :whip

>gooch should be batting lower, hes been crap lately, or he needs a rest or something.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :bringit