6/10 Game Thread

aboz56

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
Has anyone noticed the angle of his bat, even when he fouls pitches off. The bat seems like it's going straight to the right.

It doesn't help much either that he swings like a fvckin mad man up there...BA needs to slow everything down and start puttin the bat on the fvckin ball

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 12:05 PM)
It's these type of posts that really puzzle me. Last I checked, the only time we're able to score is if our 3-4-5 knocks guys in. It should would help the offense out if our #9 hitter could get on once every century.

Last I checked, it would also help if we had a CF who knew how to read fly balls.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)
I'm afraid that doesn't make any sense to me.

His hands are going forward, but the bat is nowhere near catching up with the rest of his body. Thus, that's why he keeps fouling off pitches to the right side. I'm sure Walker sees this....and he needs a complete overhaul of his hitting mechanics.

Iguchi should have taken a shot stealing home when they were intentionally walking Dye. Sabathia was lobbing it to martinez very softely and far off the plate. I think he could have made it.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
Last I checked, it would also help if we had a CF who knew how to read fly balls.

Yep...we can all agree that the position is the biggest hole on the Sox roster since the #5 starter debacle of a few years ago.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
Iguchi should have taken a shot stealing home when they were intentionally walking Dye. Sabathia was lobbing it to martinez very softely and far off the plate. I think he could have made it.

:)

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
Yep...we can all agree that the position is the biggest hole on the Sox roster since the #5 starter debacle of a few years ago.

We can also agree that Anderson and Uribe aren't the only ones s***ting their pants with RISP.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)

July 31st can't get here any quicker...I truly believe well will have someone else patrolling CF not named Anderson or Mackowiak or else I hope

I was thinking the same thing, what a gutsy call that would've been.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 07:09 PM)
Righty setup man?

I'd say that compared to league averages, our CF position is much worse off than our righty set-up men. At least we have Jenks at the end of the bullpen to clean up some of the mess the righties in the pen give us.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
From all indications Walker is happy with BA's swing. I've heard that several times in interviews.

We are also talking about the same guy who decided to have Uribe drop the leg kick from last year because he figured that the leg kick didnt really help him. Lets try something new.

July 31st can't get here any quicker...I truly believe well will have someone else patrolling CF not named Anderson or Mackowiak or else I hope

I agree with you, I think you will see two new additions to the team by 7/31.

Believe me, KW is more frustrated by some of this crap than we are.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)
We can also agree that Anderson and Uribe aren't the only ones s***ting their pants with RISP.

A lot of guys tense up, and get homer/pull happy. That's common in all of baseball though.