Angled Seats .......... How does everyone feel about them?

Hangar18

Went to the ballgame Friday nite, and a buddy of mine asked my why some of the seats were Green and some Blue. I told them the SOX are dragging their feet on the seat replacement project. He said he went to the earlier in the week and was sitting down the lines, and wondered why they dont ANGLE the seats towards homeplate instead of towards Centerfield as they currently are.

I told him Ive long complained about those seats, and make sure I dont have tickets for those sections to avoid the problem. But it got me thinking, I wonder if the newewst seats this offseason will indeed be ANGLED towards the infield. What do you guys think?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 11:04 AM)
Went to the ballgame Friday nite, and a buddy of mine asked my why some of the seats were Green and some Blue. I told them the SOX are dragging their feet on the seat replacement project. He said he went to the earlier in the week and was sitting down the lines, and wondered why they dont ANGLE the seats towards homeplate instead of towards Centerfield as they currently are.

I told him Ive long complained about those seats, and make sure I dont have tickets for those sections to avoid the problem. But it got me thinking, I wonder if the newewst seats this offseason will indeed be ANGLED towards the infield. What do you guys think?

Angling the seats would be much more invasive than just replacing them. It's not like they sit on posts and can just be turned. You'd need to change the aisles, which means changing the cement underneath entirely. That would be a pretty big job.

But I do agree that it is annoying, they should have designed those sections better to being with.

I've got a neck. I'm fine with the way they are.

And the Sox didn't drag their feet with the seat change. They're doing it right, instead of rushing it and making it worse.

They lost a month of construction time because the park was occupied in October for some reason. :huh

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 11:08 AM)
I've got a neck. I'm fine with the way they are.

And the Sox didn't drag their feet with the seat change. They're doing it right, instead of rushing it and making it worse.

They lost a month of construction time because the park was occupied in October for some reason. :huh

Here we go again...

Hangar had a huge thread on WSI about the seats change. He is convinced the team dragged its feet, despite the fact that people showed him threads about temperatures for setting chemicals, etc. Now we'll end up with the same discussion here. That's why I sort of avoided that topic in my response.

At Petco Park, the seats at 3b and 1b going towards the Foul Poles are ALL ANGLED even though the section is facing the field. Its very unique, and im hoping thats what the SOX are going to do also.

I dont like facing the scoreboard and turning my head 90 degrees to watch the game. YES, they shouldve taken that fact into consideration

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 11:14 AM)
Here we go again...

Hangar had a huge thread on WSI about the seats change. He is convinced the team dragged its feet, despite the fact that people showed him threads about temperatures for setting chemicals, etc. Now we'll end up with the same discussion here. That's why I sort of avoided that topic in my response.

Did you know the Tribune Company owns all the grean seats in the midwest?!?

Conspiracy... :ph34r:

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 11:28 AM)
What's so hard about turning your kneck again? My god, lets complain about everything.

So your Voting for Seats Facing Scoreboard in other words? OK. Anyone else wanting seats facing CenterField or Facing HomePlate?

There is no way they can change the angle of the seats without completely overhauling the concrete aisle set ups (like someone else said). Considering its a baseball only stadium I'd have assumed the seats would already be angled (I think they are in some places in the stadium, correct?).

So my guess is there is a reason they couldn't do so in this certain section. On a sidenote, one major flaw of Petco is the fact that from the UD (most of the seats don't get a full line of vision).

While angling the seats probably would be nice for the people who sit down the lines, I don't think its too plausible. What is plausible is a new out of town scoreboard, and room to place stats on a board. Its the fantasy baseball era, and while its nice to read this date in Sox history or who the Sox are welcoming in the park that particular game, when a relief pitcher comes in I would like to see his stats. Sometimes you see them, sometimes you don't. I also think they should improve the boards down the line which are on the upper deck facade so they include runs, hits and errors for both teams.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 11:50 AM)
There is no way they can change the angle of the seats without completely overhauling the concrete aisle set ups (like someone else said).

YES they can. The way the seats are constructed now ..........its a simple bracket with the Hinge for the seats on either side of the bracket being of EQUAL measurements. The Brackets at Petco are not like this.

Instead, for example, the measurements on the right side of the bracket are measured at say 4 inches,

and on the left side of the bracket, are at like 8 inches. This allows for the seat to be facing towards the infield, while the bracket is still in a "straight line" (facing towards centerfield)

I sat in sec. 110 row 25 a week ago (Right field corner). You can keep them. We were 4 seats off the isle and missed most of the game because of all the traffic up and down the isle. Eventually, we moved out to the outfield which is the best seat in the house, IMO. If you sit in the first 15 rows of 159 - 163, you have a great seat plus no disrupted view.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
I saw it, but figured in no way should I ever be allowed to correct anyone in this site for spelling/grammar.

Haha, that would be sort of the ultimate insult wouldn't it? Having your spelling corrected by you. :lol:

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 10:59 AM)
Haha, that would be sort of the ultimate insult wouldn't it? Having your spelling corrected by you. :lol:

Ya, its a sign that you've reached rock bottom. So if I do ever correct you, head the warning...up next will be the intervention :D

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 01:02 PM)
BTW, did anyone see the write up about the new stadium for the Fire. They have blue seats, and the reason for the blue was supposedly withblue seats, if its not full, it won't look as empty on television. I love blue seats.

I READ THAT ARTICLE!!!! The article indeed states that the Chicago Fire wanted BLUE seats because BLUE doesnt appear as empty on TV. This topic on the other site would get dozens banned for talking about blue seats/attendance.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 01:04 PM)
I READ THAT ARTICLE!!!! The article indeed states that the Chicago Fire wanted BLUE seats because BLUE doesnt appear as empty on TV. This topic on the other site would get dozens banned for talking about blue seats/attendance.

I vote we do that here starting right now...