Tribune boasts Cell Phone as Breakthrough Technology

Hangar18

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
Is this really breakthrough technology? Im kind of curious, because it seems lots of people have this now

:huh: I'm confused as to what this has to do with baseball?

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 01:01 PM)
:huh: I'm confused as to what this has to do with baseball?

Supposedly, this "cell phone" is going to revolutionize the way managers talk to their bullpen coaches/players.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)
Supposedly, this "cell phone" is going to revolutionize the way managers talk to their bullpen coaches/players.

That actually would be something new, and would be breakthrough technology for baseball..

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 01:05 PM)
That actually would be something new, and would be breakthrough technology for baseball..

I didnt think it was that big a deal, but apparently, the media are running wild with this the last couple of days. If they start letting outfielders wear wireless headphones ...............

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 01:04 PM)

You might want to add that to your post or provide a link. Right now it seems your just commenting on cell phones in general.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
I didnt think it was that big a deal, but apparently, the media are running wild with this the last couple of days. If they start letting outfielders wear wireless headphones ...............

"Running wild with this the last couple of days."?

Huh? The Tribune has a brief mention of it in the Cubs game recap today and the Sun-Times briefly mentions it in the Quick Hits. That is "running wild" with it?

Man, you are paranoid.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
Excellent post by the way Felix ..........

I feel as if I'm missing some sarcasm here..

Right now, dugouts have the phone with the wire. As far as I know, there isn't a single dugout otherwise. Using cell phones instead would make these wired phones useless, and would make it easier for the managers to keep in touch with the bullpen.

It's pretty ridiculous. Sports radio and the Tribune are in love with this "new technology". Ahem, it's a cell phone. Everyone in America has one.

Just another way for the Tribune company to make more money that doesn't go to the team. Hello Moto!

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 11:08 AM)

In an ultra-conservative sport where instant replay, computerized pitch tracking, and aluminum bats aren't allowed? No freaking way.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 01:18 PM)
Notice how its about the Cubs and not the White Sox. Obviously its being bias.

No, and I've been here 2 days and I've seen more pointless Hangar bashing than I ever did at WSI. Grow up people.

It's about the stupid excuses the media makes to cover the Cubs constantly. Everything they do is a "huge" story. Cell phones in the dugout? Big deal. Ozzie could call the bullpen on his US Cellular phone and call it "new technology". It's the same thing. (sarcasm-->)But you won't hear that because the Sox have no fans and the southside is full of gang bangers and there aren't enough bars around the park. (

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
And we're off....

Coming out of the first turn its paranoia....followed closely by b****ing and moaning....here comes cubsession on the outside. cubsession gains as they come past the half mile marker...paranoia holding off b****ing and moaning but here comes cubsession! Into the final turn b****ing and moaning are going strong but its paranoia and cubsession.....here they come down the stretch....its paranoia, its cubsession, paranoia, cubsession and at the wire its cubsession followed by paranoia and b****ing and moaning!

Hold your tickets folks because everyone is a loser at today's race.

QUOTE(zach23 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
Coming out of the first turn its paranoia....followed closely by b****ing and moaning....here comes cubsession on the outside. cubsession gains as they come past the half mile marker...paranoia holding off b****ing and moaning but here comes cubsession! Into the final turn b****ing and moaning are going strong but its paranoia and cubsession.....here they come down the stretch....its paranoia, its cubsession, paranoia, cubsession and at the wire its cubsession followed by paranoia and b****ing and moaning!

Hold your tickets folks because everyone is a loser at today's race.

....... Hey, hey, hey... Goodbye. ;)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
They're multiplying rapidly . . .

:o

I gotta say. I couldn't be happier that I don't read the papers nor watch the TV for sports information. Thank you to all you Soxtalkers who separate the bulls*** and just post the important stuff.

If it isn't.. it should me a Man Law. :cheers

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
No, and I've been here 2 days and I've seen more pointless Hangar bashing than I ever did at WSI. Grow up people.

It's about the stupid excuses the media makes to cover the Cubs constantly. Everything they do is a "huge" story. Cell phones in the dugout? Big deal. Ozzie could call the bullpen on his US Cellular phone and call it "new technology". It's the same thing. (sarcasm-->)But you won't hear that because the Sox have no fans and the southside is full of gang bangers and there aren't enough bars around the park. (

Don't drink the kool-aid.