ROLL CALL!!!

RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
Who is going to Cincy this weekend?

What games?

What bar are we frequenting before/after the game?

Theres a very good chance Im going to be at these games too ............ we should pick a place to meet

afterwards/beforehand. Last time I was in Cincinnati was way long time ago (met a former Sox player there, have to tell you guys that story later)

Theres a very good chance Im going to be at these games too ............ we should pick a place to meet

afterwards/beforehand. Last time I was in Cincinnati was way long time ago (met a former Sox player there, have to tell you guys that story later)

If you go, watch out for those Underaged Drunk Trixies who are really 26. BTW, it was in the paper and also mentioned on Chicago Sports Tonite that she was 26, just so you know, flipflop ex-Cub fan.

For the rest of you, watch for quickman at the Hofbrauhaus and also the Mt. Adams Bar and Grill and the City View Tavern, hopefully he can make all of those.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
If you go, watch out for those Underaged Drunk Trixies who are really 26. BTW, it was in the paper and also mentioned on Chicago Sports Tonite that she was 26, just so you know, flipflop ex-Cub fan.

For the rest of you, watch for quickman at the Hofbrauhaus and also the Mt. Adams Bar and Grill and the City View Tavern, hopefully he can make all of those.

I will also be at hofbrau and Mt adams bar and grill.

I dont get your underaged post, but bring em on.

I will also be at hofbrau and Mt adams bar and grill.

I dont get your underaged post, but bring em on.

Rock PM me I'm sure quickman would be happy to have a cold one with you. Show him the town, he tends to stick around the Hyatt sports bar ... and make sure you guys have a drink at my joint ... Arnold's Bar and Grill, 210 E. 8th St. (last time I mention it I promise :bang )

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)

what does quickman look like?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)
The Intercontinental Champion himself will be there for all three games along with a couple other Soxtalkers. Hopefully we won't encounter any 'security' problems along the way... :unsure:

I'm not sure if you're going to survive all 3 games. ;)

Edited by Rowand44

I wanted to go, but its Father's Day weekend and we have Little league playoff games...

Damn Boy, always ruining my good time! :P

Well one of these days, please do what my dad and I did ... take your son on a long weekend road trip, maybe get a brother and his son or something similar to go with you.

My dad and myself, along with his dearest lifelong friend and his son (my "uncle and cousin") went on a once a year weekend baseball trip for 10 years until my uncle became afflicted with Alzheimers. We went to a different city every year and I am especially thinking about those trips right now because one of the best we had was Cincinnati. We drank the s*** out of Little Kings and Hudepohl, toured the brewery, went to Mt. Adams, ate Skyline Chili ... wow what a trip.

I have memories to last 5 lifetimes and believe me, you will find something good in every city. I hope you get to enjoy something like this with your son, just as I've been able to do with my father.

Oh s*** that made me laugh my ass off. He pm'ed me, Im sure we will have a cold one.

Rock, don't forget City View Tavern. He will like it, so will you. Small but great place. Cool little deck overlooking the river and downtown Cincy, 403 Oregon St. in the Mt. Adams area, but it's downhill from the old Rookwood Pottery. Have a mettwurst or a cheeseburger and a draft of Barrelhouse. Fantastic little place.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who is going to Cincy this weekend?

What games?

What bar are we frequenting before/after the game?

I am taking my buddy for a free ride, unless I find someone else cuter that wants to go.

Saturday's game in RF, Sunday's in LF.

Somebody at WSI mentioned at place called "Rock Bottom" on 5th street, which I think is pretty close to my Hotel (Westin, visiting players' hotel.)

Look for a guy wearing a Green Buehrle jersey and green hat combo, a home Jenks jersey and/or a Thome road jersey this weekend flying around in a corvette.

:gosox3:

I read here a hell of alot more than I post but I'll be there. If you see a Sox fan and a Mariners fan out there I'm the Sox fan. We will probably be wasted but I'll make sure to buy you a drink if you metion Soxtalk. So back to one of the original questions.....what bars?!

EDIT: Going to the Saturday game, hoping to scalp tix for Sunday.

Edited by needauribe

QUOTE(needauribe @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
I read here a hell of alot more than I post but I'll be there. If you see a Sox fan and a Mariners fan out there I'm the Sox fan. We will probably be wasted but I'll make sure to buy you a drink if you metion Soxtalk. So back to one of the original questions.....what bars?!

EDIT: Going to the Saturday game, hoping to scalp tix for Sunday.

I've got 4 for Sunday if you are interested, just looking to get face for them.

hey fellow baseball fans,

i am a reds fan and my friend is a white sox fan, we will be at the game friday, hopefully it will be a great game. Does anyone know what the white sox's line up will be since Thome is your DH, would they put him at first and maybe move Konerko to another postion?