Post game show?

Misplaced_Sox

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
you're joking right?

well, personally i don't want the sox to be some pussy team thats afraid to retaliate after their players are getting intentional hit.

Do you do it, at the cost of winning games though?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
you're joking right?

well, personally i don't want the sox to be some pussy team thats afraid to retaliate after their players are getting intentional hit.

Have you bother reading this thread? Your way off base here mr. enius.. ;)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:10 AM)
uh, if hitting one guy is going to cost you an entire game you weren't going to win it anyways.

Maybe he meant if you hit someone, and get one of your guys suspended, it can cost you games and such...

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
uh, if hitting one guy is going to cost you an entire game you weren't going to win it anyways.

Then suspending your manager and other players (Vazquez, tracey, Montero, whoever) wouldn't?

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)
Maybe he meant if you hit someone, and get one of your guys suspended, it can cost you games and such...

If anyone gets hit after the warnings have been given out Ozzie gets an automatic 2 games and if it's Vazquez - 6 games for him a reliever probably gets 3 or 4 that can lose you a game or 2.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
Have you bother reading this thread? Your way off base here mr. enius.. ;)

i have 'ace'

you might be too young to understand how the game is played

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
Then suspending your manager and other players (Vazquez, tracey, Montero, whoever) wouldn't?

seriously, not standing up for your teammates will do a lot more damage than get thrown out of a game

oh, yea, i'm sure MLB would have thrown the book at the Sox for hitting a batter after AJ is got hit twice

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:14 AM)
i have 'ace'

seriously, not standing up for your teammates will do a lot more damage than get thrown out of a game

oh, yea, i'm sure MLB would have thrown the book at the Sox for hitting a batter after AJ is got hit twice

There's automatic suspensions for those actions.

This is horses*** and bushleague of a thing to do on Ozzies part..You don't throw a young guy in there asking him to plunk a batter because your starting pitcher cant grow enough f***in balls to retaliate then b**** at your young reliever for TRYING to do his job...I'm not some pussy or anything but man I REALLY felt for Sean today seeing him over there in the dugout in near tears really made me feel for the guy

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)

Based on this logic, maybe the entire team should of watched AJ get decked by Barrett and did nothing.

The idea of whether or not to plunk a ranger shouldnt be even debated. Its part of the game. The question of who should of plunked him, after vazquez pussed out is another story.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:13 AM)
i have 'ace'

I've played the game almost all my life (didn't get to a league until I was 12) and have a father and a grandfather who have played in minor league ball (never made the pros) for a long time and I don't know how the game is played? I tell you what I can give you a 9 year old kid (my cousin) who probably knows more about baseball and how it's played than 30-50+ year old grown men anyday of the week. Age is a very overrated thing. Hell, IMO, DJ knows more about the game than Hawk does (even being a better hitter in his career.)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
There's automatic suspensions for those actions.

i doubt there would have been anything severe. would have been worth it in my opinion

how long did russ springer get suspended for? that was totally blatant

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:16 AM)
Based on this logic, maybe the entire team should of watched AJ get decked by Barrett and did nothing.

The idea of whether or not to plunk a ranger shouldnt be even debated. Its part of the game. The question of who should of plunked him, after vazquez pussed out is another story.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have retaliated ssi...was moreso a smartass resposne back at mr. genius. Don't think he got the jist of what DBAH0 was saying...trust me, I wanted Javy to plant a ball in someones back.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:17 AM)
i doubt there would have been anything severe. would have been worth it in my opinion

how long did russ springer get suspended for? that was totally blatant

Springer got 4 games, any reliever on the Sox would get the same. Vazquez would get 6 or 7 games along with Ozzie getting 2.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:17 AM)
I've played the game almost all my life (didn't get to a league until I was 12) and have a father and a grandfather who have played in minor league ball (never made the pros) for a long time and I don't know how the game is played? I tell you what I can give you a 9 year old kid (my cousin) who probably knows more about baseball and how it's played than 30-50+ year old grown men anyday of the week. Age is a very overrated thing. Hell, IMO, DJ knows more about the game than Hawk does (even being a better hitter in his career.)

ok, i guess

we're just going have to disagree on this, arguing it won't change either of our minds. if someone on my team was hit twice in one game and i thought it was intentional i sure as hell would have hit one of their batters

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:19 AM)
Springer got 4 games, any reliever on the Sox would get the same. Vazquez would get 6 or 7 games along with Ozzie getting 2.

why would they suspend Vazquez if he wasn't the one that hit the guy?

ozzie probably wanted the rookie to throw at him for that very reason. IMO if he gets suspended but the team rallies around him it's a good trade off.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:21 AM)
why would they suspend Vazquez if he wasn't the one that hit the guy?

ozzie probably wanted the rookie to throw at him for that very reason.

I'm saying, if a reliever hits someone it's 4 games and if Vazquez would have hit someone he would get 6 or 7.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:19 AM)
I'm not saying we shouldn't have retaliated ssi...was moreso a smartass resposne back at mr. genius. Don't think he got the jist of what DBAH0 was saying...trust me, I wanted Javy to plant a ball in someones back.

What got me alittle irritated from their posts is that they get on a rookie instead of a veteran (Vazquez) who basically saw what was going on and didn't even do anything whatsoever. Why not yell at Javy then? Why sent a pitcher with no control and try and hit a batter and basically cost some fines and suspensions?

If, like Javy said, he "knew" that they hit AJ on purpose the first time, then by god he better damn well return the favor right away, before warnings get fired off. Don't use some ex post facto bulls*** about "Yeah, I knew they were throwing at AJ." Man up already and retaliate, jeez.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:22 AM)
I'm saying, if a reliever hits someone it's 4 games and if Vazquez would have hit someone he would get 6 or 7.

ah, so there were warnings issued to both benches?

well, i'm still with ozzie on this one.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:24 AM)
If, like Javy said, he "knew" that they hit AJ on purpose the first time, then by god he better damn well return the favor right away, before warnings get fired off. Don't use some ex post facto bulls*** about "Yeah, I knew they were throwing at AJ." Man up already and retaliate, jeez.

Vaz should of drilled the first guy in the back.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)
ah, so there were warnings issued to both benches?

well, i'm still with ozzie on this one.

Yes, warnings were issued.

None of this even happens if Javy just pegs some f***er after AJ gets hit the first time though.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
my football coach would have kicked my ass if i did not listen to him...tracey looks like garbage here,

Adkins threw at the orioles last year when instructed.

give me farnsworth or someone who can work as part of a team.

he threw at him, he missed. it's not like he refused. Okay, he f***ed up - he missed! He misses the strike zone a lot too.

I think the point is the public humiliation unloaded on him - it was temper tantrum, simple as that. And ozzie's lame ass efforts to shine it rather than own up to it make it even more obvious.