Was Guillen Out Of Line Last Night?

aboz56

Was Ozzie Guillen Out Of Line Last Night?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. For How He Dealt With Sean Tracey

• Yes, Absolutely
    • No, He Was Right

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
If he really can't hit the batter when he is trying to then he doesn't deserve to be in the majors anyway. That is just ridiculous.

How many pitches did it take for Russ Springer to hit Bonds? How many wild pitches did Tracey throw against the Indians last Sunday?

As mad as Ozzie was I find it very hard to believe that the message was never actually relayed.

Perhaps he didn't find out that his message wasn't relayed until AFTER he decided to make an example of Tracey?

I tend to agree with you, but we really don't know what happened.

Edited by WCSox

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks everyone for not answering my question! :headbang

s***, get a paper or read the article online. It's all over the place.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How many pitches did it take for Russ Springer to hit Bonds? How many wild pitches did Tracey throw against the Indians last Sunday?

Perhaps he didn't find out that his message wasn't relayed until AFTER he decided to make an example of Tracey?

I tend to agree with you, but we really don't know what happened.

Russ Springer is an absolute moron. He is a terrible pitcher. I hope Sean Tracey is better than that.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
Ozzie was disrespected in public by Tracey. Ozzie has every right to do what he did.

How so, I have yet to hear someone prove that Ozzie told Traqcy you have to hit Blaylock right now. We now know that was probably the case but only because Ozzie made a point of it. If Tracy hits DeRosa are we any the wiser????

If after the game Ozzie tells Tracy he is going to the minors in front of the team for not defending the team, this would do more than grandstanding in the dugout.

Temper tantrum blankety blank ###**!!! I wanted you to hit the f-----

That's how Ozzie talks and acts and dressing down the kid doesn't help anything. But, maybe it's alesson lerned for Tracey. Ozzie will just tell us to f ourselves for not agreeing with his actions

Tracey's lack of control is a pretty good reason not to send him in to hit someone. Seriously, he could throw it at him and hit him in the head. As wild as Tracey was that game against Cleveland, you would have to think a ball intended for Blaylock's ribs or elbow could just as easily strike his coconut.

Edited by Dick Allen

here's a take on it some may find interesting...

http://chicagosportsreview.com/inthemeanti...ew.asp?c=180572

personally, I think what Guillen did was uncalled for. you don't openly yell and rip a player in the dugout, especially after the player did nothing to deserve it.

I get why he would mention Montero after the game, he's not going to say he had Tracey in there to hit someone, and the demotion, while weird at first, makes sense now with the Riske acquisition.

still, horrible decision by Guillen...

How come Ozzie doesn't scream and throw water bottles and dress Juan Uribe down when he fails to execute a bunt? How come when Pods drops a ball and then takes his time going after it, Ozzie isn't waiting for him at the top step reaming him out? Rookies make mistakes. Every single one of them. Showing up your player like that will eventually bite you in the ass.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
s***, get a paper or read the article online. It's all over the place.

There is no need for this. I don't read the damn papers and count on 99.9% of my news from you guys. You don't have to be ignorant.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:12 PM)
Boo Hoo :crying I got yelled at. Put your fears behind you and take one for the team.

I think it's important to note that Tracey has not made any sort of "boo hoo" comments.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:19 PM)
There is no need for this. I don't read the damn papers and count on 99.9% of my news from you guys. You don't have to be ignorant.

:o You kind of just defended me, almost, maybe, kind of. What the hell is going on!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
There's a lot of people who are completely turned off by Guillen's constant childish behavior, of course no one would dare say such a thing out of fear of being lynched.

37 of them... ;)

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
:o You kind of just defended me, almost, maybe, kind of. What the hell is going on!

Why wouldn't I...? :huh

There's a lot of people who are completely turned off by Guillen's constant childish behavior, of course no one would dare say such a thing out of fear of being lynched.

The world Series ring is enough for me to love Ozzie forever.

Haha getting lynched by a bunch of message boarders who think they know it all is a good time though. Your right about Ozzie though, there are more people that dislike him than fans realize. I personally deal with his antics, but if we stop winning that will change. And I still don't like how he handeled Tracey last night or how he handles young players in general.