Soxtalk Fantasy Football Leagues Sign-up

Sox1422

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might need to put a thread in pub linking to here. i imagine most ignore this part of board. i usually do... :ph34r:

besides, i hate drafting too early, but, the earlier we get leagues set up, the better draft date/time choices we will have...

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 12:33 PM)
might need to put a thread in pub linking to here. i imagine most ignore this part of board. i usually do... :ph34r:

besides, i hate drafting too early, but, the earlier we get leagues set up, the better draft date/time choices we will have...

Just posted in the pub, 3 times actually. :P

I don't plan on setting the draft until at least late-July, probably later.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 11:09 AM)
If nothing else I'll run it since I'm the 2-time Defending Champ. :bringit

Just need to make sure we actually have people who remember to pick towards the end of the season. Last year there were only 3 or 4 of us picking the last few weeks.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 06:36 PM)
Just need to make sure we actually have people who remember to pick towards the end of the season. Last year there were only 3 or 4 of us picking the last few weeks.

I know. That's the real reason that I win, I'm just the most active. I just felt like stoking my ego a bit. :P

Both years I was in the middle of the pack until about week 7, then I shot up the boards. There's also some luck involved, especially early in the year when you don't necessarily know what to expect from all of the teams.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
Just curious -- why are some people so adamant about Yahoo? I mean, that's what I've used most, and it seems to work pretty well, but why would you avoid it if it were hosted somewhere else?

This is just a guess, but most people on here play fantasy baseball, which isn't free on other sites. The same was once true for football, until ESPN made theirs free and everyone else was forced to follow suit. Because of that, not everyone has a fantasy ID on some of these other sites.

That's just my guess though. I will say this, I wasn't a fan of Sports Illustrated's football leagues, and I personally prefer Yahoo's setups for baseball and football to ESPN's.