AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)
First of all, I gotta thank That Funky Motion for his tickets. This game was f***ing amazing. THANK YOU!

Second, the game. The offensive onslaught was awesome/hilarious. Everyone contributed. It's hard to even talk about one thing, it was just that great. Ponson is a fat piece of s***, and I'm glad Riske solidified his spot on this team by hitting Duncan.

Another note, is Duncan related to their pitching coach? If so, that makes it even sweeter. We finally did some retaliating, and an extra little "f*** you" could have been that it was one of their coaches relatives.

Also, Montero = bucket of s***.

Yes they're related father son I believe and the other Duncan is in a Yankee uniform too i think? Either way I'm glad Riske manned up and did his job tonight...way to solidify your role on this team kid

QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 01:26 AM)
Yes they're related father son I believe and the other Duncan is in a Yankee uniform too i think? Either way I'm glad Riske manned up and did his job tonight...way to solidify your role on this team kid

Yeah I was there as well and we all knew he was going to do it...just didn't know which guy. After every ab in that inning AJ went to the mound and I figured he went out there to discuss who to hit. Sox beat them on the field and defended their teammates. All in all...a very good day.

What was most pleasing about last night was the fact that the bottom of the lineup provided the majority of our offense, and not the likes of Jim Thome.

If we can get that at the end of the season, it'll be a huge factor down the stretch in those important games.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
Where's Tracey when we need him.. ;)

That was an unbelievable offensive display. At one point 9 out of 10 guys got hits. It was obvious what Riske's job was since Cotts was warming up hard the previous half inning and in between innings. He sat down once the inning started, but was obviously getting ready to go in after an ejection. I'm surprised they didn't use steroid boy Montero for the retaliation, considering the Sox wouldn't be hurt by a suspension to him. They actually would be helped, as Ozzie couldn't use him. Maybe Ozzie learned his lesson with Tracey, and didn't want a rookie to go out there and fail.

Hitting the guts out of the ball.

Four out of the last five games everybody in the starting line up has at least a hit(with the exception of pitchers.) The last game of the Cinci series was the only game where one of our boys were held hitless and that was Thome who still reached on a bases loaded walk and got a rbi. 56 runs over the last 5 games.

The Sox have scored 8 or more runs in 7 out of their last 10 games.

Keep it up boys!! :gosox3:

This game was one of those bizarre occurances of coincidence surrounding the number 20

Date: June 20, 2006

Score: 20-6

Anniversary: 20th since the Sox fired LaRussa

Record: 20 games over .500

Kinda weird. Of course, I realized all this due to hindsight, which they say is 20-20 vision.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
Ill see what Uribe is doing at the end of the season b4 I eat any crow. We all know he has hot streaks but thats why id like him as a utility player not an everyday player during his amazing cold streaks.

Hes a much better fielder when he plays full time.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)
I gotta hand it to Cardinal fans though. They are some of the classiest fans out there and they know their baseball.

Cardinals fans are generally great people. They also share our hate for cubs fans

On the subject of Mulder, its obvious the guy is hurt. I wouldnt be surprised if he ended up on a DL stint. How many pitchers have the sox sent to the DL this year?