Official Ozzie/Mariotti Thread

gojimthome

This whole poll thing is an attempt to cover for their little "Around the Horn" b****. Go vote to support Ozzie so that Reinsdorf doesn't look at it and think that the public wants Ozzie gone.

Who the hell wants Bevington or Manuel back? Ozzie's right for the job.

Go support him here:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation...g?event_id=2235

I, for one, don't give a damn what he calls Mariotti. Anything said about Mariotti can't be derogatory enough. Jay deserves everything he gets. f*** being politically correct. That's for pussies, anyway. Be a man and support Ozzie!

If he ends up fired, I'm going to stop buying tickets again, no matter how much they win. For me, it'd be the same as the aftermath of the 1994 strike. I'll simply ignore baseball for 5 or 6 years again.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
If there is one person in the world who would not fire Ozzie for what he called Marriotti, its JR.

No kidding. If anything happens it will be more along the lines of a 5 year contract extention!! :lolhitting

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
If Guillen got fired I can guarantee that Mariotti would probably have to go into seclusion.

Absolutely. No doubt that he'd get death threats (unfortunately) and (fortunately) would have to move out of town.

The media sickens me the way they look for any reason to talk negative about the White Sox.

What a stupid Article, Stupid Choices and stupid reasoning for writing this piece. Hes not in "hot water"

as the article implies, but all this does in a very Tribune-esque way, is plant the seed of doubt now.

ESPN = IDIOTS

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
I think Ozzie should use this as a wake-up call. If he continues down this path, his managing career will eventually have a very ugly ending.

I'll take that bet, and raise ya $50.

My votes:

But there's no way Reinsdorf would fire him for this.

1) Should Ozzie Guillen be suspended for using a homophobic slur in reference to Chicago Sun-Times columnist Jay Mariotti?

No

2) Is Guillen's excuse that the word has a different connotation, dealing with courage instead of sexuality, in Venezuela valid?

No

3) Do you believe anyone else in the White Sox organization would be suspended or fired for saying the same thing in public?

No

4) Would Guillen be suspended if he had used an ethnic or religious slur?

No

5) Which incident do you find more troubling?

Guillen berates rookie pitcher in dugout for not hitting a batter

6) What is your overall opinion of Guillen?

Very favorable

7) What do you think has more to do with Guillen's frequent newsworthy quotes?

His inability to control his emotions

8) Where do you think Guillen ranks among baseball managers?

Top two or three

9) Will Guillen win another World Series with the White Sox?

Yes

10) How long will Guillen remain manager of the White Sox?

At least five years

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
The media sickens me the way they look for any reason to talk negative about the White Sox.

What a stupid Article, Stupid Choices and stupid reasoning for writing this piece. Hes not in "hot water"

as the article implies, but all this does in a very Tribune-esque way, is plant the seed of doubt now.

ESPN = IDIOTS

Marriotti is all over ESPN, what better than to make him the victim and have people watch the shows that he is on.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
You know, I really want Jay Mariotti to get hit by a bus. I usually don't mean terrible things like this, but I honestly wish that upon Jay.

I just wish the Sox would tell everyone in the organization when it comes to this pud, just say no comment. When that starts happening, we won't hear about or from this idiot ever again because in this case, ignorance is truly bliss. The guy lives for this crap and this further cements his position at the Sun-Times cuz of all the free pub it's already getting :headshake

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
If there is one person in the world who would not fire Ozzie for what he called Marriotti, its JR.

This really pisses me off. When Marriotti says some insulting things about or staff and players he doesn't get suspeneded. Even though it wasn't as far as what Guillen stated but never the less I hold Marriotti to blame. Everyone knows Guillens a loose cannon and the media thrills into prompting him to say these outragous things. Marriotti should be in the same boat if you ask me.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
I think Ozzie should use this as a wake-up call. If he continues down this path, his managing career will eventually have a very ugly ending.

Hahahaha.

Ozzie brought us a WS championship, he is on his way to another dominant season. He can stay forever if he keeps winning.

ESPN and Kotex boy can both eat a nice healthy helping of s***.

I hope we get the Yanks this year in the playoffs, so we can take their golden child and flush it down the s***ter. And then face the Bosox in the ALCS, then flush it down the s***ter. Then Berman can go back to shoving hot dogs and cake in his piehole.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
Hahahaha.

Ozzie brought us a WS championship, he is on his way to another dominant season. He can stay forever if he keeps winning.

Winning doesn't last forever. Offending people left and right and using lame excuses will eventually lead you into very hot water. I really think if this was anybody but Marriotti we are talking about now, it would be even a bigger deal, not grounds for dismissal, but it seems to me Ozzie keeps pushing the envelope farther and farther.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
What would be awesome is if someone complied all of the insults Jay has directed towards people, and asked him to answer for those.

It would be better if Jay would just get fired and go away.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
Winning doesn't last forever. Offending people left and right and using lame excuses will eventually lead you into very hot water. I really think if this was anybody but Marriotti we are talking about now, it would be even a bigger deal, not grounds for dismissal, but it seems to me Ozzie keeps pushing the envelope farther and farther.

It's just Ozzie Being Ozzie