Official Ozzie/Mariotti Thread

gojimthome

So we don't have to wade through the endless crap that's coming with this controversy, any and all talk about what's going on goes in this thread. Any new threads will be closed. A lot of people are sick of this already. Half of this forum doesn't need to be threads saying: "MORANotti sux. He should be fired."

All talk goes in here. All other threads are being closed.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the recently closed thread, LVSoxFan said this:

Anyway, nobody's asking you to like Mariotti. And as far as your claim that Mariotti never writes positive columns about the Sox, I can only laugh. Go look them up, then. You guys sure had a blog up fast enough counting all his flip-flopping, but now you can't locate one positive column about the Sox in the past two years.

THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU, pal. You're the one arguing that he has all these positive articles coming out... well, where are they? The people who who are anti-Mariotti have already posted the blog-spot, in which he flip-flops MULTIPLE times. He goes from calling Williams an idiot way-back in December to being his biggest fan.

Jay's a tool, and I'm personally glad I'm not contributing one penny to his 'cause' by subscribing to the Sun Times or by watching Around the Horn.

Okay, from the Ditka thread (which was closed for what reason?), I posted this response to dickallen's statement that Ditka was hated by a fair share of players:

Yes, and those guys who disliked him weren't willing to break their backs for the team.

My first week as coach I gathered everybody together and said "This is going to be a good news-bad news announcement. The good news is we are going to win the Super Bowl. The bad news is a lot of you you who don't care enough aren't going to be with us when it happens". I meant that. We had a lot of selfish guys back in 1982, but I knew the Fenciks and Paytons and Suheys and Hamptons would be with me.

Name me one hard-working player that disliked him. They don't exist.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
Just What I want. Digging through a 100 page thread to read news about Ozzie. Guess , Ill just have to get my news from espn again instead of spending an hour digging.

It's a decision that some of us made. There's no point in 5-6 threads all saying the same thing, especially when it's getting shoved down our throats anyways.

BTW, we closed ALL Mariotti threads, regardless of content to allow everything to be put here.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
In the recently closed thread, LVSoxFan said this:

THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU, pal. You're the one arguing that he has all these positive articles coming out... well, where are they? The people who who are anti-Mariotti have already posted the blog-spot, in which he flip-flops MULTIPLE times. He goes from calling Williams an idiot way-back in December to being his biggest fan.

Jay's a tool, and I'm personally glad I'm not contributing one penny to his 'cause' by subscribing to the Sun Times or by watching Around the Horn.

After I say this piece, I'm out of this.

That isn't entirely true. If you wanted to spend the time, he did write a few articles last year when things were going well. He'd get run out of town if he didn't. However, that changed rather quickly around August. There were also a few more late in the playoffs. However, these were the first I've seen of him writing good things about the Sox. In the past virtually every article was bashing Reinsdorf, the current GM, or the current manager. He has a history with the Sox that isn't very pretty, and a half dozen or so positive articles last year doesn't change that. I also haven't seen any in the sampling of articles I've seen/read this year, although I admit I'm not actively looking for them.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
Just What I want. Digging through a 100 page thread to read news about Ozzie. Guess , Ill just have to get my news from espn again instead of spending an hour digging.

There's no reall news either, it's pretty much just bickering back and forth about the same Guillen/Mariotti issues that have been discussed ad nauseam over the past 2 days.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
After I say this piece, I'm out of this.

That isn't entirely true. If you wanted to spend the time, he did right a few articles last year when things were going well. He'd get run out of town if he didn't. However, that changed rather quickly around August. There were also a few more late in the playoffs. However, these were the first I've seen of him writing good things about the Sox. In the past virtually every article was bashing Reinsdorf, the current GM, or the current manager. He has a history with the Sox that isn't very pretty, and a half dozen or so positive articles last year doesn't change that. I also haven't seen any in the sampling of articles I've seen/read this year, although I admit I'm not actively looking for them.

My favorite douche article is when he warned people to stay away from the cell for their own safety. It was right after there was a public fight in the stands with some off duty cop.

From the fan email thread:

I'm sure if the Sun-Times want, Yahoo will be more than happy to get thm your IP address.

BTW, they could subpoena Jas for your IP here on soxtalk if the Sun-Times' lawyers find it threatening under the Patriot Act.

Also,since this site is subject to google search, anyone can find your blowharded rant here and report you at any time to the police.

Don't be a jackass and sink to Mariotti's level.

Can't invoke the patriot act over a newspaper columnist being accused of being a vagina. I never threatened him, so the Sun-Times and the police can't do a damned thing...Not with my IP address, my real address, my phone number, my sat phone number, my fingerprints, my DNA, or even a lock of my flowing mullet.

I'm still waiting for the GREAT articles that the jagbag writer has written about the Sox! For someone who has called Hawk Harrelson "pig-like wail," why could not someone call him "***?"

If you have gut Moronotti, quit hiding behind your pen and computer. Get to the clubhouse and do your biased report, if you dare!

QUOTE(Contreras @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
From the fan email thread:

Can't invoke the patriot act over a newspaper columnist being accused of being a vagina. I never threatened him, so the Sun-Times and the police can't do a damned thing...Not with my IP address, my real address, my phone number, my sat phone number, my fingerprints, my DNA, or even a lock of my flowing mullet.

However if you did this from work, they could send the headers of that email(X Originating field) to the abuse@yourcompaniesdomain.com account and you might have some issues. I just had something like this happen, where someone sent a supposed anonymous email to a paper. They sent it to us, and we forwarded it on to HR.

If you did it from your personal account and didnt threaten, then nothing is going to happen.

QUOTE(Jim Spencer @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
Would it be Ok if I said it one more time :P Actually Ozzie said it best " He's s***, He's Garbage :lol:

no no, it's better OZZIEFIED

he a piece of chit. he a garbage.

QUOTE(S720 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 03:08 PM)
I'm still waiting for the GREAT articles that the jagbag writer has written about the Sox! For someone who has called Hawk Harrelson "pig-like wail," why could not someone call him "***?"

If you have gut Moronotti, quit hiding behind your pen and computer. Get to the clubhouse and do your biased report, if you dare!

You need a time out. :bang

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
PM sent... close topic or merge with mariotti thread

all you said in your PM was that he called him a "***" what the f*** does that mean.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
JUST reported on the Score.

Bernstein as Ozzie, "What you mean? I can't call him a f*****?"

classic

i was listening to the score too. i started LMAO when i heard what mlb is making ozzie do :lolhitting :lolhitting