Official Ozzie/Mariotti Thread

gojimthome

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a joke. The only problem here is the gap between generations, anyone aged 12 to 30 used the word f.a.g. to refer to someone in the same manner as a jerk, idiot, dumbass, a-hole, co--sucker, loser, etc. And we all know it. My parents aged 55 know me and by friends and roomates call each other f.a.g.s all the time, now they dont use that word amongst themselves and their friends and to describe other people but we do. Im not saying right or wrong, thats just the way it us in our generation, get used to it. Sorry its not bug selig and greg couches generation, they just seem to not get it. I mean everytime someone calls someone a "BUM" is that the most offensive thing ever becuase it describes a homeless person. Gimmie a break, grow up, stop whining about words, and understand language and terms change from generation to generation.

Edited by joeynach

stupid stupid stupid

if he calls him any other name in the book everyone just laughs... too bad marioti and selige are both homosexual and took personal offense to ozzies comment.

maybe if he called him a "b****, slut, ass whore"....sensitivity training might be in order

=P

Edited by hi8is

Kev - I just said that to my mom in an email lol.

I see it being how Peter Griffen's sensitivity training went at first (but definitely not ending up that way lol).

Edited by Queen Prawn

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
*** is thrown around hundreds of times a day in schools around America, but when Ozzies says it he needs training courses.

So you think there's no difference between a teenager throwing around words like that and a 42 year manager of a professional sports team using it to verbally attack a newspaper columnist in front of the media?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
By the organization or by the league?

I do believe it's from the Commissioner's Office.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
So you think there's no difference between a teenager throwing around words like that and a 42 year manager of a professional sports team using it to verbally attack a newspaper columnist in front of the media?

I'm saying the "real world" is too politically correct. Don't say you've never called anybody a ***, because you have.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
I'm saying the "real world" is too politically correct. Don't say you've never called anybody a ***, because you have.

I'm not representing an entire organization like Ozzie. It's all about the context and stage in which you use the term.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
I do believe it's from the Commissioner's Office.

I'm surprised that there's no word of a suspension as well. I thought that he'd get five games or so.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
stupid stupid stupid

if he calls him any other name in the book everyone just laughs... too bad marioti and selige are both homosexual and took personal offense to ozzies comment.

maybe if he called him a "b****, slut, ass whore"....sensitivity training might be in order

=P

yeah, but he did say other similar remarks about a year ago. ozzie just needs to calm down.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
yeah, but he did say other similar remarks about a year ago. ozzie just needs to calm down.

naahhh... ozzie just plain rules =P

sorry, im biased.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
I'm not representing an entire organization like Ozzie. It's all about the context and stage in which you use the term.

He wasn't on the podium after a game or anything. I just hate the press, they are blood-sucking creatures who just want to stir the pot. The press is to blame just as much as Ozzie is. He should have kept his words under control, but there was no need to provoke him.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
He wasn't on the podium after a game or anything. I just hate the press, they are blood-sucking creatures who just want to stir the pot. The press is to blame just as much as Ozzie is. He should have kept his words under control, but there was no need to provoke him.

Not only not on a podium...he was off the record.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
Not only not on a podium...he was off the record.

Which just emphasizes my point. I heard that on the score this morning but couldn't confirm it because I started listening in the middle of the discussion.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
Was he really off the record? First time I've heard this.

Giangreco and Blanzy were adament about that when they reported the story. They said it's been blown way out of proportion and Ozzie always has these little off the record rants where he basically talks politics and other stuff with the guys and that's when he was asked this question about Mariotti.

06/22/2006 4:29 PM ET

Commissioner disciplines Ozzie Guillen for comments

ADVERTISEMENT

print this page | e-mail this page

Baseball Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig today fined Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen an undisclosed amount and ordered him to attend sensitivity training for making offensive comments.

Commissioner Selig said: "On Tuesday night, Ozzie Guillen used language that is offensive and completely unacceptable. Baseball is a social institution with responsibility to set appropriate tone and example. Conduct or language that reflects otherwise will not be tolerated. The use of slurs embarrasses the individual, the club and the game."

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
Giangreco and Blanzy were adament about that when they reported the story. They said it's been blown way out of proportion and Ozzie always has these little off the record rants where he basically talks politics and other stuff with the guys and that's when he was asked this question about Mariotti.

Interesting. By the way, this just came in...

"On Tuesday night, Ozzie Guillen used language that is offensive and completely unacceptable," commissioner Bud Selig said in a statement. "Baseball is a social institution with responsibility to set appropriate tone and example. Conduct or language that reflects otherwise will not be tolerated. The use of slurs embarrasses the individual, the club and the game."

EDIT: looks like chisox2334 beat me to it.

Edited by KevHead0881