Official Ozzie/Mariotti Thread

gojimthome

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:13 PM)
I agree. but others DO rely on that to formulate an opinion. The Cardinal fans Im not calling dumb, but they felt he might be "embarrassing" to the SOX. Because they READ that. Is RedWhite in Chicago now or on east coast??

Really... ? There are folks in this day and age that have an opinion because they are told to have that opinion? Well then... I'm extremely fortunate that I hang with a crowd that can read or hear something, process it, then decide if it's something to them or not.

QUOTE(chiguy79 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
This is by far the most overblown story of the year. Everyone needs to get overthemselves.

Marriotti is a tool (oh wait, can we not say that either)...

I think Dave Chappelle should be censored also while they are at it.

Bravo! You see ................ there are some SOX fans who think this Ozzie Witchhunt is way way overblown. Whats hard to see? And enough getting personal with me with Daves "tinfoil" references

I dont appreciate it and believe the mods asked you to stop previously

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
and Im directing this at you Steff. A recent poll of SOX fans showed a majority of them dont think what Ozzie said was embarrassing. Who is embarrassed then? Everyone else it seems. Why are they suddenly in an uproar? Because a group of people cchose to make this a big deal. Whats so hard to understand about that? It isnt rude to suggest that someone is probably making a comment based on the witchhunt-mentality currently at play. Or is that too hard to understand? Or is none of this really happening Steff?

You can cut the condescending s*** out right now.

The "majority".. that means that there are some that DID find it rude, offensive, and embarrassing.

Why are people in an uproar... because it was rude, offensive, and embarrassing to them. I understand just fine that the gay community made this a big deal because THEY WERE OFFENDED. Why is that so hard for YOU to understand? The term is OFFENSIVE to THEM. Why do you have such a problem with that? It's their right. And also their right to make noise about it. You seem to think - at least you are implying it - that the only reason they, and others are offended, is because some media member told them to be. That is just plain asanine.

Of course it's happening. It happens all the time. Read more than the sports section and you will see that people protest all types of things all the time.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)

The "majority".. that means that there are some that DID find it rude, offensive, and embarrassing.

Why are people in an uproar... because it was rude, offensive, and embarrassing to them. I understand just fine that the gay community made this a big deal because THEY WERE OFFENDED. Why is that so hard for YOU to understand? The term is OFFENSIVE to THEM. Why do you have such a problem with that? It's their right. And also their right to make noise about it. You seem to think - at least you are implying it - that the only reason they, and others are offended, is because some media member told them to be. That is just plain asanine.

Of course it's happening. It happens all the time. Read more than the sports section and you will see that people protest all types of things all the time.

I would add to this that it was the majority of the people polled who didn't find it offensive, and if we've learned nothing else, polls can be skewed to prove or disprove whatever you want.

I can certainly understand how people could be offended at what Ozzie said.

It was right for him to apologize, and I'm glad he did.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:05 PM)
You're right, it's just interesting that Kenny Williams concerns and main priority is to turn the Chicago White Sox into a first class organization

If that were the main priority over winning then he would have addressed the Frank situation differently...Not saying that we don't wanna be a first-class organization, just that Kenny has shown that he would be the type that appreciates not backing down...

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)

You can cut the name calling out yourself missy.

The only reason everyone has gotten offended is because this story was made out to be more than it really was, a manager who doesnt like a writer. The term is offensive, but this entire situation woulndt have "offended" as many people as it did had it not been for the Withchhunt Mentality that went with it.

It isnt asanine as you say, to think otherwise. ABC7 reported on this and guess what? there wasnt one gaygroup mentioned or quoted regarding his apology. Reifert, the SOX vp of communications, said "to anybody who was insulted ....we'll certainly apologize". I didnt see gay groups marching in front of the Cell. I didnt see anyone faxing or writing Reifert and the SOX. So dont put words in my mouth and say

"Why do you have a problem with an offensive term" Thats not whats at matter here.

And as for Rick Morrissey calling out Jay Mariotti? screw Morrissey, The article is simply retaliation for Mariottis slamming the Tribune the other day on the Score. Hes simply doing the equivalent of a pitcher hitting another teams batter in retaliation for his teammate getting plunked. The only thing thats good about this, is HOPEFULLY, the SunTimes is finally deciding to get a Mind OF THEIR OWN and take on the Tribune and call them out for what they really are ............ Their direct competitor with a conflict of interest.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:41 PM)
You can cut the name calling out yourself missy.

The only reason everyone has gotten offended is because this story was made out to be more than it really was, a manager who doesnt like a writer. The term is offensive, but this entire situation woulndt have "offended" as many people as it did had it not been for the Withchhunt Mentality that went with it.

It isnt asanine as you say, to think otherwise. ABC7 reported on this and guess what? there wasnt one gaygroup mentioned or quoted regarding his apology. Reifert, the SOX vp of communications, said "to anybody who was insulted ....we'll certainly apologize". I didnt see gay groups marching in front of the Cell. I didnt see anyone faxing or writing Reifert and the SOX. So dont put words in my mouth and say

"Why do you have a problem with an offensive term" Thats not whats at matter here.

Can't take the heat, get out out of the kitchen.

You can't be serious...?? The Gay community, and whomever else is offended, is only pissed because Jay told them to be..? Do you know any homosexuals..? Most I know don't even know who Jay is.

Again, you think that a man with a public forum makes an offensive comment and it only got this big because of some sort of "witchhunt"...? Not maybe perhaps because it was newsworthy...? Oye ve..

What's assinine is that you think people can't think for themselves and rely on others to tell them how to thing and feel about something.

Something made Scott write the press release... or wait.. gasp... perhaps he's part of the "witchhunt" also...? :o Making this bigger than it had to be...? Damn him... he should be fired IMMEDIATELY for adding fuel to the fire. :rolly

I didn't say such a thing. If you're going to quote me, quote me correctly.

Despite what you might believe, most folks don't need anyone else to tell them what is rude and embarrassing. Almost everyone I know has a mind of their own and a sense of what is offending to them. Suggesting that they need a newspaper or someone on television to tell them is offensive to them, IMO.

Thanks Steff, you said it better than I could.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
Can't take the heat, get out out of the kitchen.

You can't be serious...?? The Gay community, and whomever else is offended, is only pissed because Jay told them to be..? Do you know any homosexuals..? Most I know don't even know who Jay is.

Again, you think that a man with a public forum makes an offensive comment and it only got this big because of some sort of "witchhunt"...? Not maybe perhaps because it was newsworthy...? Oye ve..

What's assinine is that you think people can't think for themselves and rely on others to tell them how to thing and feel about something.

Something made Scott write the press release... or wait.. gasp... perhaps he's part of the "witchhunt" also...? :o Making this bigger than it had to be...? Damn him... he should be fired IMMEDIATELY for adding fuel to the fire. :rolly

Lets break down your statements one by one, because now you Lost me.

"..gay community is pissed because Jay told them to be" This story is all over the Radio, which led to every newschannel, which led to MSNBC made a comment on it (note, gay person in Fremont NE watching MSNBC and hears "worst person in the world" comment about Ozzie is going to be swayed), to which ESPN has polls and front page cover stories on the issue, to NY sportswriters commenting now ........

So you think this was actually "newsworthy" Steff? Great. Most people think this was Blown Way out of Proportion. That doesnt make us "tinfoil" wearers.

"Whats asanine is you think people cant think for themselves" to which you followed up with "I have friends who can think for themselves". ?????? What ??? People who arent in Chicago, who dont know Ozzie, and dont know about the long-running feud between Marrioti and the SOX are going see the 1000 stories about this and think , Geez this must be a big deal if they keep reporting this? He really must be "embarrassing". HES NOT. Dumb choice of words.

"something made Scott write that press release...perhaps Gasp hes part of the Witchhunt?" How poignant.

"damn him he should be fired for adding fuel to the fire". again, poignant. Reifert and the SOX did the right thing by issueing an apology and keeping it really simple. Where did I say Reifert was part of the Witchhunt? The part of the press release I wanted you to take note of, but you missed, was that Reifert said "anyone who was offended, we will apologize". I noted no groups outraged at the comment, demanding an apology (at the time) because guess what? People know he wasnt saying "I hate gays". He was angered (and baited) about a certain columnist and used a term that he later said means something else in his home country. Im not sure I buy that, but I get the gist of what hes saying.

He doesnt hate gay people.

And cant take the heat get out of the kitchen? So being in the Kitchen means Name Calling is OK?

bottom line is that OZZIE is in a leadership position and LEADERS dont need to be condenscending or go on lenghty obscenity laced tirades!

he has a problem and it needs to be confronted....& it shoulda started oh about a month ago at the very least....

look i love OZZIE & we all know his real heart. this should be a very completely ez fix for him. i mean how hard is it not to swear in front of a mic or camera?