Cardinal pitching coach Duncan irate at Ozzie too?

Hangar18

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 11:20 AM)
So it was intentional? Here I was thinking Ponson sucked ass (hence the reason he was moved to the pen) and wouldnt hit anybody with the bases loaded.. if he did hit em intentionally he sucks even worse ass than I thought..

I'm merely giving my opinion. I think when a team is down by 15, it really doesn't matter if the bases are loaded. In fact, I think it provides an alibi (sp?). Yes, Ponson does suck, and no I don't think La Russa had anything to do with it, but I don't think that means that it wasn't intentional.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 11:30 AM)
That's a shame. But then, LaRussa might not have bought his unintentional remark. I can see LaRussa cutting ties for that.

Naa.. I talked with him for a long time last night. The last thing he wanted was to hit anyone. He's just got too much going on his world right now. A shame. Wasted talent.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 11:35 AM)
Naa.. I talked with him for a long time last night. The last thing he wanted was to hit anyone. He's just got too much going on his world right now. A shame. Wasted talent.

I'm sorry to hear this Steff. Sincerely.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 11:35 AM)
I'm sorry to hear this Steff. Sincerely.

I'm kind of not. I thought the break last year would do him some good, but obviously it didn't. It's sad to see him dealing with things the way he has been. IMO, cutting away from baseball may be the only way he sees 30.

And thanks Yas. I appreciate the thought.

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 11:20 AM)
So it was intentional? Here I was thinking Ponson sucked ass (hence the reason he was moved to the pen) and wouldnt hit anybody with the bases loaded.. if he did hit em intentionally he sucks even worse ass than I thought..

I believe BA getting plunked was intentional simply out of frustration though I believe the Ozuna pegging was just a case where the pitch got away from Ponson, with that being said Cards15 we appreciate you here providing alot of insight and not being like other jackasses that roam around here from other teams...at least from my standpoint it's been a pleasure with you posting here

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
I'm kind of not. I thought the break last year would do him some good, but obviously it didn't. It's sad to see him dealing with things the way he has been. IMO, cutting away from baseball may be the only way he sees 30.

And thanks Yas. I appreciate the thought.

I may have missed this post, but how do you know him, Steff?

Are you an Arubian Dame? :lol:

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)

He was really nice to me, I always thought that was cool of him

QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
I believe BA getting plunked was intentional simply out of frustration though I believe the Ozuna pegging was just a case where the pitch got away from Ponson, with that being said Cards15 we appreciate you here providing alot of insight and not being like other jackasses that roam around here from other teams...at least from my standpoint it's been a pleasure with you posting here

It's cool.. I dont have time to be an ass and Im not but if I was now would be the wrong team to be one.. we're getting our asses handed to us.. I appreciate and respect the White Sox and wish em well again this year.. it's a tough time right now and it could very well be a sweep tonight but I still root on the Sox.. I can stand losing to ya'll.. of course it's never easy losing games.. I sure as hell am not sure of a time I remember seeing the slaughtering we are getting.. but I'll live with it

:gosox1:

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 12:43 PM)
It's cool.. I dont have time to be an ass and Im not but if I was now would be the wrong team to be one.. we're getting our asses handed to us.. I appreciate and respect the White Sox and wish em well again this year.. it's a tough time right now and it could very well be a sweep tonight but I still root on the Sox.. I can stand losing to ya'll.. of course it's never easy losing games.. I sure as hell am not sure of a time I remember seeing the slaughtering we are getting.. but I'll live with it

:gosox1:

I went to the game Tues Nite and there were plenty of mad Card fans.

2 guys in particular, we were walking past them and the one was saying "Cant believe these bandwagon fans" I had to stop and educate him of course. Longshot was with me, and I basically said

Cmon guys, we still love the cardinals, they loosened up. They were just upset about losing ....

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 10:47 AM)
No, but I'll bet it's because we hit his son.

Well, jerk, don't hit any of our guys. If you do, we're coming after your family. We're like the mob.

:lolhitting , i luvvvv soxtalk