St. Louis Conspiracy Theory...Sox knew what pitches were coming

maggsmaggs

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 09:07 AM)
Stealing signs from a centerfield camera, if we're to believe the Cardinals, is not really something you want to be associatedc with. If we're stealing signs from catchers while on base, however, that's acceptable.

Yeah, you're right.

But I still maintain that AJ Pierzynski, the most hated player in all of baseball and baseball history, is behind this.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 10:05 AM)
Its one thing stealing signs about hit and runs and stealing bases. Stealing the signs with a camera for every pitch, having someone relay that sign to the dugout, then having someone sign the pitch to the batter is almost impossible. Sounds like the cards got a little cubbie in them.

Actually, if I remember correctly, the Cards complained about the same s*** against the Cubs a few seasons back. I can't find anything written about it at the moment, but a couple of Cub fans in my office just confirmed it, for what its worth.

Whatever. If the Sox got the beatings that the Cardinals recieved in the first two games, they might be wondering the same thing. Its hard to come to the realization that your pitching may have been that bad.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 10:25 AM)
Actually, if I remember correctly, the Cards complained about the same s*** against the Cubs a few seasons back. I can't find anything written about it at the moment, but a couple of Cub fans in my office just confirmed it, for what its worth.

Whatever. If the Sox got the beatings that the Cardinals recieved in the first two games, they might be wondering the same thing. Its hard to come to the realization that your pitching may have been that bad.

I actually remember that Cubs incident as well.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 10:22 AM)
If this was true, and they figured it out after the 5th inning of game one, why the hell did we score 13 on them in game two? Are they that damn stupid?

""Let's put it this way," one Cardinals source said Thursday night. "They looked like they knew what was coming the first two nights. They looked like they had no idea tonight. "

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 10:32 AM)
""Let's put it this way," one Cardinals source said Thursday night. "They looked like they knew what was coming the first two nights. They looked like they had no idea tonight. "

Isn't it amazing how that works? When your pitchers f***ing suck, it looks like the other team knows what is coming, but when the pitcher throws the ball great, the hitters look clueless. Such groundbreaking info from the Cards, their fans, and the sportswriters in St. Louis :rolly

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 10:34 AM)
Isn't it amazing how that works? When your pitchers f***ing suck, it looks like the other team knows what is coming, but when the pitcher throws the ball great, the hitters look clueless. Such groundbreaking info from the Cards, their fans, and the sportswriters in St. Louis :rolly

Have you had your blood pressure checked lately...? :ph34r:

They also said they changed the signs in game one. So what's up with game two?

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
i want to make fun of them so much...but i\'m restricted cause of buerhle attempting the same....dammit

they\'re still vaginas, i like the cards too :( probably my favorite NL team if i had to be forced to pick one

Don't let Mark Buehrle stop you. It was stupid when he suggested it.

The Cards have b****ed, besides Duncan? I dont see anyone b****ing.. Just a source.. big deal?

They could have very well been tipping pitches but it had more to do with Mulder being injured and pitching and Marquis sucking to me.. and Reyes being awesome..

Edited by CardsJimEdmonds15

Let's put it this way... Reyes could have told hitters that change up was coming, and they still wouldn't have hit it. The kid is good. Maybe hitters will pick up a tell on him later, but right now, that thing is a notch under Johan as far as I am concerned. The nice thing is that he does not have the mid90s fastball to back up the change like Santana does, and he definatley doesn't have a third pitch either.

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
Dude I am really getting sick of this negative attention. Its like we become the most scrutinized team in baseball.

We respond well to it. This is definitely a team that plays better with a chip.