Jenks

GoSox05

Whats Turnbow have?

and when did the brew crew pick him up?

They picked him up in early last year form the same team that let Bobby go, The Angels.

As far as what he throws. I have olny seen highlights. He has Gas and a Real good Curve just like Bobby, and occasionally a forkball.

QUOTE(gsoxs1 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
They picked him up in early last year form the same team that let Bobby go, The Angels.

As far as what he throws. I have olny seen highlights. He has Gas and a Real good Curve just like Bobby, and occasionally a forkball.

thanks, i did a little research and hes also got a 2seam

QUOTE(zygoat @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)
does it really matter?? jenks is kicking ass and the rest of the closers will fall off numbers wise with the linesups their facing (yankees, red sox, toronto)

Then wouldn't Jenks' numbers fall off too do to the lineups he has to face? (Indians, Tigers, Yankees (6), Red Sox (6))

To me, it's not so much about comparison, but rather trust or faith. What I mean by that is, do you trust a guy to go out there and get the save. Most times, only one team is going to have an opportunity to put their closer in for a save situation, if at all.

While I don't believe Jenks is the best in regard to numbers or stats, I do think that most of the time he will get the job done. After Billy Koch and 2005 Takatsu, he doesn't have to be as good as Papelbon or Riviera, just be Bobby Jenks.

We're very lucky to have Bobby.

He'd be borderline top 5. But thankfully for us, he's under our control for about another 4 and a half to 5 seasons, and he'll be cheap for the next couple.

It's sad, because if Bobby were on this forum, he wouldn't even be able to read his own appreciation thread.

Who was it in the Sox front office that decided to convert him to a closer anyways? Was it just because he sucked starting?

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:41 AM)
It's sad, because if Bobby were on this forum, he wouldn't even be able to read his own appreciation thread.

Who was it in the Sox front office that decided to convert him to a closer anyways? Was it just because he sucked starting?

Why? Does he have learning dissability or something?

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:41 AM)

He had recurring elbow problems -- that's why the Angels let him go. Between that and the discipline issues (they're probably one of the more buttoned-down orgs), they thought they'd be too much to overcome. Glad they were wrong.