I have to BOO the person in charge of sound effects at the cell

rangercal

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:29 AM)
Isn't it incredibly rude to stand up in front of someone and yell at the top of your lungs while they're trying to watch a game that they paid money to see?

I'll take a page from Slipknot's book.

People=s***.

Deal with it.

You can say the same of those ignorant fools who also payed the same amount of $$ (pending which seat) so that point is mute. Every person in this world is rude. I could say the same when that fan attacked Gamboa when I was enjoying the game alot or when Cheat was getting his ass kicked and everyone was watching the fight. Ignorant but at the same time, that's people.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:32 AM)
That makes absolutely NO sense. I'm talking about standing at random times during a game, not standing in celebration of something happening on the field. Not even close to the same situation.

It makes perfect sense in response to your post that I was RESPONDING to. I wasn't factoring in your previous posts because I haven't bothered to read them yet. They aren't worth my time reading.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:32 AM)
You will forever remain in soxtalk infamy wheter you like it or not.

Knowing whitesoxin's history on this board and his credability, I'll take his "infamy" over yours anyday in the week. I'm not saying that in a horrendous way, but just comparing the two of you. And it has siht to do with post count.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:35 AM)
It makes perfect sense in response to your post that I was RESPONDING to. I wasn't factoring in your previous posts because I haven't bothered to read them yet. They aren't worth my time reading.

Then don't reply to any of them, it's not hard.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
Because anyone who does it is not a fan. How's that? If you do the wave in a close game or hell, ever, you should be banned from the god damn ballpark.

FROM EXACTY ONE MONTH AGO TODAY:

Ill back you here Kalapse the wave in a tight ballgame is ABSOLUTELY IRRITATING...I just hate the damn thing regardless

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:36 AM)
Then don't reply to any of them, it's not hard.

If it's not hard, then why do you do it? :P

I really don't care what you think of the wave, it's going to happen when 35,000 plus people are together in a sporting venue. It was never a "White Sox" thing because there were never enough people in the park to do it. Would you rather have a tradition of waveless 15,000 fan crowds or wavedoing 35,000 fan crowds??

And for the record I never "threatened to kill" anyone. I did yell at some people to sit down as did a lot of people in that section. The threaten to kill thing was posted mainly out of frustration seeing how I had just gotten home from the game.

Hey guys, cut the personal crap. Try to stay on topic here.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:40 AM)
And for the record I never "threatened to kill" anyone. I did yell at some people to sit down as did a lot of people in that section. The threaten to kill thing was posted mainly out of frustration seeing how I had just gotten home from the game.

Hey guys, cut the personal crap. Try to stay on topic here.

Well, I'm glad you didn't ACTUALLY threaten to kill anyone, although I didn't really think you did, which is why I asked. I was going by your words, and that was all.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:44 AM)
But I can't be legit because I lost my temper one day last August, that's what you don't understand.

Clearly you're a bandwagoner. Hell, you probably fall off the wagon all the time.

That's probably why you're laying like that on that field. From falling too hard and then having to rest due to injury.

You bandwagoner, you.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:44 AM)
But I can't be legit because I lost my temper one day last August, that's what you don't understand.

Who hasn't? Kalapse just lost his temper/frustrated cause of the game he just said in this post and alot of posters know here that he's a very smart/legit poster. I've argued alot with him also on certain topics, and ditto for his credability.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:46 AM)
Clearly you're a bandwagoner. Hell, you probably fall off the wagon all the time.

That's probably why you're laying like that on that field. From falling too hard and then having to rest due to injury.

You bandwagoner, you.

Maybe you have a point.. :lol:

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:44 AM)
The "Mod" duties are finally kickin in ey.. :lol:

Haha, I'm tryin.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:42 AM)
Well, I'm glad you didn't ACTUALLY threaten to kill anyone, although I didn't really think you did, which is why I asked. I was going by your words, and that was all.

Yeah, I hadn't even read my quote that I posted, I forgot that I put "kill" in there, you posted "threatened" so I thought that was it.

they are always trying to start the wave right where the bullpen is and i am in section 155. Its god damn annoying. I had a person point at me once because I did not stand up. I was like "I am trying to watch a f***ing game here why do I need to please your ass?"

Edited by WinningUgly85

I guess those people at the game still in the 4th hour of a rain delay I remember a few years back were just bandwagon cubs fans. Thanks for the insightful posts guys, I'll never have fun watching baseball ever again. Hector Luna, I apologize for yelling at you for no reason the other day.

I was at the game today when the wave unfortunately broke out in about the 6th or 7th, my memory evades me and for some reason I get embarrassed as well...someone mentioned that in a previous post. Luckily, my section in the UD...542 started the "stop the wave" chant. I was very proud...and glad that it stopped.

YASNY is right...it should be a man law.

"While attending a sporting event, a man should not attempt to start, participate in or in any way be a part of 'the wave.' If a man is caught doing so by any of his buddies, family or colleagues he should be forced to spend a whole sunday afternoon shopping with his significant other when otherwise he would be watching sports."

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:29 AM)
Isn't it incredibly rude to stand up in front of someone and yell at the top of your lungs while they're trying to watch a game that they paid money to see?

I guess you would have been miserable at the RBC Center this past Monday ;).

Seriously though, the wave does annoy me if the game is close. If the game is a blow out either way, then I do not care one way or another, but will not likely participate.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:00 AM)
Not cool. The core of the white sox fan base does not do the wave and HATES it. That's what I learned from my childhood and have passed on to generations below me. The band wagoners love it. The white sox Marketing/pr team should have a certain level of respect for those of us who have supported this team on rainy days against the Royals when we were a notch above .500 every year. Don't give in to the bandwagoners comfort! Please! Fans were starting the wave in my section tonight and many sox fans were yelling at them to stop . The sound system had a sound bite 'here comes the wave' or ' I think I see the wave'. It made me want to throw up my beer. It is bad enough some bandwagoners want to start it. I am very disapointed that the Sox sound system ENCOURAGED it. just my 2 cents. what is everyone else's take on this?

By the way, what makes your fanship more a part of the White Sox "core" than that of someone who enjoys the wave? What makes you "the core" of the Sox fanbase?

I thought that the jerseys you buy,

And the tickets you buy,

And the beers you drink,

And all memorabilia you own,

ultimately come out the same as that of other people?

Or I guess someone who does the Wave spends less money on the game,

Doesn't own any Sox gear,

And enjoys the game less than yourself.

I don't think the wave is a big deal - just do it in between innings. A lot of parks do that to get the crowd going just before the home team comes up. But during the game it is not cool. People pay serious cash to WATCH THE GAME now a days (except Cubs "fans" :P) and when everyone starts jumping up and blocking another persons' view, you are preventing people from seeing what is going on. But I am certainly not going to freak out or physically threaten people in my section for doing it, it's just a common nuisance like the guy in front of me on his cell phone trying to look cool for the cameras if they swing our way.

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:06 AM)
I think the trick is... whenever you hear that sound effet punch the guy sitting next to you... if we can get a bunch of fans to do that... i guaruntee the sound effect guy will stop hittinng that button....

people try to avoiid riots.

Yeah, that'll work. :lol:

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:09 AM)
It seems snobish to hate the wave to me. What's so bad about it and why are you guys better than it?

shhh quiet you , you dont want to anger the Kalapse :bang

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 07:56 AM)
By the way, what makes your fanship more a part of the White Sox "core" than that of someone who enjoys the wave? What makes you "the core" of the Sox fanbase?

I thought that the jerseys you buy,

And the tickets you buy,

And the beers you drink,

And all memorabilia you own,

ultimately come out the same as that of other people?

Or I guess someone who does the Wave spends less money on the game,

Doesn't own any Sox gear,

And enjoys the game less than yourself.

If that's what you thought I meant by core. You are totally wrong. Core means the fans that will stay with this team even if we were below .500.