Yanks/Marlins on ESPN

iWiN4PreP

The little "On ESPN NOW" bug at the top right of ESPN.com has a scroller that says

"8 p.m. ET: MLB Astro-White Sox ESPN" and then the next item says "8 p.m. ET: Malins at Yankees ESPN"

So yeah, I would guess some parts of the country are not going to get the Sox game. I guess the world series was too dull of a sweep, so ESPN thinks no one would want to see it again.

Eastern Seaboard Propaganda Network, indeed. :fight

Notes

Yankees DH Jason Giambi was removed from the lineup minutes before the first pitch because of back spasms. ... ESPN agreed to carry Sunday night's makeup game in the New York and Miami markets. Originally, it was to be blacked out because of ESPN's national broadcast of the game between the Houston Astros and Chicago White Sox. ... Attendance was 53,615.

Bad news for Prepster.

QUOTE(lord chas @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
i thought i saw on yahoo that just the new york and florida markets wil have the game. rest of country will have sox game

That would make more sense, but when it's the Yanks...

If they show the Yankees game as a back up I am guessing they had to shuttle in alot of stuff and announcers because it wasn't till yesterday's rain out the day-night affair was decided. I know that ESPN is secretly owned by the Yankees and Red Sox, but this is a bit ridiculous even for them. The White Sox are the game tonight or I write some blistering letters. There I know I scared them...