White Sox v. Astros, 6/25 Game Thread, ESPN, Vazquez v. Oswalt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)
2 bloops a walk and a blast. Tired of it.

Maybe if our LF didn't have concrete on his shoes, one of those bloopers wouldn't have dropped. Our defense hasn't been stellar recently.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)
Maybe if our LF didn't have concrete on his shoes, one of those bloopers wouldn't have dropped. Our defense hasn't been stellar recently.

Uh, no. That bloop was falling. I went back and looked twice.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 12:22 AM)
Uh, no. That bloop was falling. I went back and looked twice.

First, why does Pods have to play 10 feet from the warning track for Chris Burke? Second, he didn't read that well at all off of the bat. Doesn't matter though, Vazquez just isn't fooling batters much these days.

Hate to say it but those runs were completely on Vasquez- Vasquez is hanging beach balls out there. That ball that went to Pods was a tough play - the best he could have done was play back and get it on a hop

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
First, why does Pods have to play 10 feet from the warning track for Chris Burke? Second, he didn't read that well at all off of the bat. Doesn't matter though, Vazquez just isn't fooling batters much these days.

His positioning is another thing. Even if Pods was an awesome defender, he wasn't going to get to the ball.

Might be one of those kinds of games. Pods killed it.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 12:30 AM)
Zone got bigger in the bottom half. Hope we get some consistency.

Did Vazquez get squeezed in the top of the 1st? I thought the zone was fine with him. However, Oswalt's the type of pitcher who will absolutely paint the corners with his fastball. We're going to have a ton of K's looking tonight.