White Sox v. Astros, 6/25 Game Thread, ESPN, Vazquez v. Oswalt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 12:33 AM)
only chance we can win is if we can get back into that pen

You can't play that way against Oswalt. He has good enough control where he'll get into the 8th inning easily. We just need to score some runs against him. Taking pitches will result in a look of 0-2 situations.

I shudder to think what a team in the AL would be doing to Vasquez right now. When a team like the Astros (ranks 20/30 in MLB in runs scored) is smacking you around the field, you know your stuff is ineffective.

Edited by soxunited

QUOTE(soxunited @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 12:37 AM)
I shudder to think what a team in the AL would be doing to Vasquez right now. When a team like the Astros (ranks 20/30 in MLB in runs scored) is smacking you around the field, you know your stuff is ineffective.

Astros have been taking good swings all series long.

Well vasquez as you know has been suspect all year. he throws a ton of pitches in five innings. Furthermore he has been on my s*** list since he did not throw at texas after the AJ beaning. He lost my respect that night. It should have never gotten to Tracey having to get involved.He does seem to get run support so maybe our bats will come through a little each inning.