Thread for people who left the game early tonight!

Chisoxrd5

Well, I will also say I left the game after the 7th inning. But, as some kind of giving hope, on the train ride back some chick had a cellphone and said they tied it up, so my friends and I got off the train and rode 50 minutes back to the stadium. We got there at the start of the 13th inning, and had to stand in the rain for nearly 25 minutes listening to it.

Let's just say, I learned my lesson. I will NEVER, EVER give up on this team again, ever. It was some kind of sign.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 10:09 AM)
Well, I will also say I left the game after the 7th inning. But, as some kind of giving hope, on the train ride back some chick had a cellphone and said they tied it up, so my friends and I got off the train and rode 50 minutes back to the stadium. We got there at the start of the 13th inning, and had to stand in the rain for nearly 25 minutes listening to it.

Let's just say, I learned my lesson. I will NEVER, EVER give up on this team again, ever. It was some kind of sign.

Sounds to me like they came back after you left, and lost when you returned.

I HOPE you've learned your lesson - stay on the damn train next time!!!

:P :D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)
Sounds to me like they came back after you left, and lost when you returned.

I HOPE you've learned your lesson - stay on the damn train next time!!!

:P :D

Ahahahaha, its so true. But really, my friend was supposed to go to the game with us, but couldn't get off work. And so she decided to call us and wish the team bad luck, hoping they would lose cause she wasn't there (jokingly), and everytime she called/texted us, the Astros scored. While we were on the red line at the tunnel before Cermak, she texted us saying I hope the Astros score. Guess what? 7 minutes later the Astros scored in the top of the 13th. Grrrrr, she if I give her a free ticket to the next game. Bah!

I was there last night, and although I was damn close to leaving a couple times, I told myself I needed to stay, if nothing else, I'd be able to slide down into some better seats when everyone else leaves due to the crappy game / rain. So I stayed to get to see Iguchi's HR (it was great).

But I unfortunately had to get up super early this morning, so I left after the 10th (not that I really missed anything after that).

I left the game early, but not too early. Security made me leave in the 13th for a stupid reason I would rather not talk about (I didn't even get to keep the souvenier). The game was over before I got to my car though so I didn't see what happened. I heard about it though.

Dumb luck them Everett and Tavares kids have!

Edited by innersanctum

QUOTE(innersanctum @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
I left the game early, but not too early. Security made me leave in the 13th for a stupid reason I would rather not talk about (I didn't even get to keep the souvenier). The game was over before I got to my car though so I didn't see what happened. I heard about it though.

Holy hell if that was you that grabbed the ball I have to tell you I was laughing my ass off when I watched the tivo of you tossing it back on the field. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
Holy hell if that was you that grabbed the ball I have to tell you I was laughing my ass off when I watched the tivo of you tossing it back on the field. :lolhitting

That was almost as funny as when he hid in his jersey afterwards :D

QUOTE(innersanctum @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)

If that was you, i wouldnt admit it like that.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
If that was you, i wouldnt admit it like that.

Well, he did save some little girl the embarrassment of picking up the ball. She reached down with her glove just when he picked it up so if he doesn't grab that ball, the girl probably does. I guess that's a positive.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:54 PM)
Well, he did save some little girl the embarrassment of picking up the ball. She reached down with her glove just when he picked it up so if he doesn't grab that ball, the girl probably does. I guess that's a positive.

The play was way too close to the line. I guessed foul and would have went for it also.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
I arrive "stupid early", as my friend puts it, so I can watch BP, have some food and chat with whoever comes to the game with me.

not to mention miss all the traffic before the game and missing out on all the food lines :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
this%20is%20not%20funny%20clown-778076.j

Relax. Even had he not made the attempt at the catch, it appeared that it would have hit fair and if it had, the whole thing would have happened the way that it did anyway.

I love the White Sox and try to find humor in events that would normally drive me nuts. My week is not ruined because we did not beat the Astros last night. We have 6 games in a row at NL parks for the next 6 days who, if you combine the total number of wins between them, have 54 to our 49. It should be a good week for all White Sox fans.

QUOTE(innersanctum @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
Relax. Even had he not made the attempt at the catch, it appeared that it would have hit fair and if it had, the whole thing would have happened the way that it did anyway.

I love the White Sox and try to find humor in events that would normally drive me nuts. My week is not ruined because we did not beat the Astros last night. We have 6 games in a row at NL parks for the next 6 days who, if you combine the total number of wins between them, have 54 to our 49. It should be a good week for all White Sox fans.

I twas just joking around my friend...I simply enjoyed that little jpg i found.

My day was also not ruined by the Sox loss, in fact if you look at who started this thread because of leaving early, it was me!!! I'm not even a real diehard fan, just some imposter!

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)

My day was also not ruined by the Sox loss, in fact if you look at who started this thread because of leaving early, it was me!!! I'm not even a real diehard fan, just some imposter!

Sorry about that. all is good here.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)

I left early, im a bandwagon fan.

QUOTE(bdt91680 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
I went to the game with chisoxrd5 and he wanted to leave in the top of the 4th. The only reason he stayed was because i promised him that his favorite player montero would make an apperance in the game.

:pray :pray :pray

I cursed my head off at Montero when he came in. But then I saw he put up 3 innings of 1 hit baseball (I believe) and I was pretty happy.