Gamethread 6-29-06, Sox vs. Pirates

Capn12

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
We should see the bullpen pretty early in the game if this pace is kept.

im telling you's....jose is messed up, that damn arm angle s***. everyone is hitting his pitches that are away....well good thing the pitcher was hitting

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
What do our bench coaches get paid for? Can any of them ever mention to Widge that he might want to sprinkle in a couple inside pitches throughout a game?

Widge has been absolutely terrible behind the plate all year long. Every game I see him catch, he does the same s***. Makes me appreciate having AJP that much more. He KNOWS what to do. Widge doesn't.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
this is discouraging, you know detriot is going to be much more dominant against the Tigers

Might want to check that, maybe.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
Next year we need to upgrade at backup catcher. Everytime Widge calls a game, its the same f***ing story. The pitcher throws a ton of pitches to the outside corner, and doesnt adjust. Every pitcher that goes with Widger looks bad.

someone like mark redmond from the twins

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 11:19 AM)
Back-to-back bad innings so far for Jose. Not a good sign when facing one of the worst teams in baseball.

They are one of the worst teams in baseball for the reasons that we have seen the past few days, but they are pretty good at scoring at home.

Third in runs scored, OPS, BA, etc.

So while we should still dominate them, it's not like they are a terrible offensive team.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
Santana deserves to start the allstar game.

liriano should, with the way contreras is pitching now, he shouldnt. ughhh i hate having widger,uribe,anderson, and the pitcher batting.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
Farmer on the radio just said, Contreras is pitching away. Well thats a f***ing shock, consider that Widge is in there. LOL

Has he setup the chair yet on the outside corner.

Yeah he does, but from watching the game, the pirates are gorking balls on him, not really any solid contact. It happens.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:27 PM)
liriano should, with the way contreras is pitching now, he shouldnt. ughhh i hate having widger,uribe,anderson, and the pitcher batting.

ya especially since uribe is on a cold streak