Official Soccer Thread

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)
Celtic transfer rumor.

Celtic in talks for Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink of PSV. He would help balance the attack up front, and help in Europe. the fee between the teams is agreed on, however Jan wants more money.

Vennegoor of Hesselink to Celtic

I've heard Portsmouth have pulled out of the race to sign Petrov. I imagine Martin O'Neill and Aston Villa if the Randy Lerner takeover goes ahead, would try and get that $7M pound deal done before the transfer window closes though.

Steed Malbranque looks like he's moving from Fulham to West Ham on a 1.5M - 2M deal as well.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 07:36 AM)
I've heard Portsmouth have pulled out of the race to sign Petrov. I imagine Martin O'Neill and Aston Villa if the Randy Lerner takeover goes ahead, would try and get that $7M pound deal done before the transfer window closes though.

Steed Malbranque looks like he's moving from Fulham to West Ham on a 1.5M - 2M deal as well.

Steed is a good player. I watched a lot of fulham games with Bocanegra going there a few years ago. He will definately help the attack.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
Celtic transfer rumor.

Celtic in talks for Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink of PSV. He would help balance the attack up front, and help in Europe. the fee between the teams is agreed on, however Jan wants more money.

Vennegoor of Hesselink to Celtic

Looks like Celtic might ink Danijel Ljuboja, the Serbian striker/attacking midfielder from Stutgart.

I'm hearing rumors out of Serbian news channels that the reason Man United hasn't gone full out for a van Nistelrooy replacement is because they are trying to sign Nikola Zigic. There has been speculation about this in Britain as well.

- And Bolton completes the deal for Nikolas Anelka! :headbang

Edited by SoxFan1

Great game for the SuperCoppa (I guess a good way to explain it is Italy's version of the Community Shield game from the EPL a few weeks ago)

Roma suprisingly went up 3-0 in the first half on Inter. Inter salvaged a goal right before the first half to cut it to 3-1. Then in the 2nd half, Inter tied it at 3-3 (including a Crespo goal just after he was subbed in), and then Inter went on to win 4-3 in extra time. I thought they were done, and they come back with 4 unanswered goals.

intertp8.jpg

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
Some big rumors today. Tevez is suposedly close to signing with an EPL team and it looks like Mark van Bommel is headed to Bayern Munich.

And on top of that, Bolton lost. :(

My money's on Tevez to Man Yoo by the end of the week.

We lost to Liverpool 2-1 on the 100th anniversary of the Kop. Lee Bowyer missed an absolute sitter that had me yelling profanities at him (which he would be used to BTW) for the remainder of the game.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
Great game for the SuperCoppa (I guess a good way to explain it is Italy's version of the Community Shield game from the EPL a few weeks ago)

Roma suprisingly went up 3-0 in the first half on Inter. Inter salvaged a goal right before the first half to cut it to 3-1. Then in the 2nd half, Inter tied it at 3-3 (including a Crespo goal just after he was subbed in), and then Inter went on to win 4-3 in extra time. I thought they were done, and they come back with 4 unanswered goals.

intertp8.jpg

I'm sure Inter paid off the ref or cheated somehow.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 02:12 AM)
My money's on Tevez to Man Yoo by the end of the week.

We lost to Liverpool 2-1 on the 100th anniversary of the Kop. Lee Bowyer missed an absolute sitter that had me yelling profanities at him (which he would be used to BTW) for the remainder of the game.

Tevez to ARsenal??

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 12:23 PM)
Tevez to ARsenal??

Looks like it:

Arsenal are poised to make a £17m bid for Argentina's World Cup star Carlos Tevez, who plays for Corinthians in Brazil.

And it looks like Trezeguet could be headed to Man Yoo. Ha, and Mido join Tottenham again. :bang

Bolton signed an Iranian defender. Looks like a solid deal but I don't know squat about the guy. But he should shore up the defense. Lots of question with Bolton right now. Davies is out up to 6 weeks after Hreidarsson elbowed him and fractured his cheekbone. Anelka is a solid replacement though.

Edited by SoxFan1

OMFG NIKOLA ZIGIC SIGNED WITH RACING SANTANDER!

And Mateja Kezman was transferred from Atletico Madrid to Fehnerbahce to replace Nikolas Anelka. Wow. Just wow. And then Atletico signs Maniche. This is crazy.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 03:23 AM)
Tevez to ARsenal??

Looks like one or the other.

Arsenal may just get him.

It's a really crazy time right now with the transfer window closing. Some of the rumors include;

Malbranque and Chimbonda to Tottenham

Duscher to Bolton or West Ham

Jermaine Defoe to Aston Villa

Woodgate on loan to Middlesborough

Maschareno, Reo - Coker or Hargreaves to Man United.

Robert Huth to Newcastle.

Manuel Fernandes to Portsmouth

Kewell to Spurs (apparently he's having a medical there today).

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
Yahoo and local news outlets in Italy/Spain are picking up on a report from a local radio station that is reporting that Inter and Real Madrid are swapping Adriano for Ronaldo

Wow. Real Madrid wins that deal big time.

Serbia beat Azerbeijan today 1-0 in Euro 2008 qualifiers. Zigic put a header in the back of the net in the 72nd minute to seal the deal. It was fantastic watching it with a Serbian commentator.

We played well but the absence of Kezman is really noticeable. They had multiple chances to score but lacked a finisher. Pantelic looked good, but Kezman has fantastic finishing ability. He's is just too lazy.

Tevez and Mascherano both got unveiled at a West Ham Press Conference today.

They are both on 4 year deals, but have a clause after the 1st year of the deal that they can be sold for a big amount e.g 35M Pounds for Tevez if a team like Chelsea comes in and makes a bid for them.