Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(T R U @ Jan 29, 2007 -> 08:12 PM)
isn't that supposed to be premiering tomorrow night?

Should I watch it? Or am I going to be wasting my time?

MTV had a spot to fill so, they aired the pilot episode.

There's a lot of s*** going on, tons of high spots. The show went by quick which was good, I've heard the other shows outside of the pilot are good. So, yeah, I'd say give it a try and see what's you think, it's only 30 minutes.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Jan 29, 2007 -> 10:07 PM)
Ummmmm. I guess we have our answer about who Cena will face at Mania...

No we don't. Taker just showed up. He will face Batista. Just like when Batista went back and forth leading up to WM 21.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 29, 2007 -> 11:54 PM)
Yeah, still think it will be Cena/HBK.

Looks like what its setting up to be.. but then you have to look at it like this.. How much does Undertaker and HBK have left in the tank? I mean, why put the strap on them (or just one for that matter) when its obvious they are almost done. It could happen, and then they just quickly drop them in an upcoming PPV, but the way I see it right now its gonna be Undertaker/Batista and Cena/HBK and I am willing to bet that Takers streak is ended and HBK loses. Which would piss me off beyond belief.

Ahh the irony;

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Vince McMahon was furious at the 1/16 ECW tapings and went nuts backstage after it was all over. He hated the show and was screaming that there wasn’t one guy in ECW who knew how to work.

McMahon was particularly upset with the main event and how bad it made Lashley look.

Vince is said to be mad all the time since that taping. Stephanie, Vince and Dave Lagana had a meeting about the future of ECW with Vince strongly hinting that ECW was on it’s last legs.

QUOTE(T R U @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 12:24 AM)
Looks like what its setting up to be.. but then you have to look at it like this.. How much does Undertaker and HBK have left in the tank? I mean, why put the strap on them (or just one for that matter) when its obvious they are almost done. It could happen, and then they just quickly drop them in an upcoming PPV, but the way I see it right now its gonna be Undertaker/Batista and Cena/HBK and I am willing to bet that Takers streak is ended and HBK loses. Which would piss me off beyond belief.

It'll probably be a thank you of sorts to Taker who stayed loyal through the crap era, the Attitude era and continued to work very hard for years. Plus, anything is better than Dave having the strap.

QUOTE(T R U @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 12:24 AM)

Taker was always a great athlete for a big guy. I never thought he could carry a guy to a great match but could contribute to it highly.

HBK can still go. Putting on a great match is like riding a bike for him. He could win the belt and hold it for 6 months if WWE needed him to.

QUOTE(T R U @ Jan 29, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)
MOTHER UVGHIOUAVTYEFUD

I HATE John Cena so much, I seriously cant stand him in the LEAST little bit. He BETTER lose that title at Wrestlemania man or I am gonna boycott WWE till he loses

Better get ready to boycott. Cena is going over, and he will not be facing Taker, who will definitely beat Batista.

I don't love Cena, but his wrestling has gotten loads better this year. His WM match w/ HHH, his TLC match w/ Edge, last night's AWESOME Last Man Standing match, not to mention how well Cena handled the crowd at ECW One Night Stand. He's trying hard to get better. I think he deserves some credit. I'm not a mark for him by any stretch, but he's not going away anytime soon, so you may as well get used to him.

Huge Spoilers:

Batista/Undertaker Vs HBK/Cena as the main event at No Way Out.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
News item from lordsofpain.net:

Dusty Rhodes has been brought in to help out with the creative end of ECW.

Ugh.

"Lemme tell ya, baybay, whut EE THEE DUBYA needth ith mawr falth finnithes, if ya weeeel, daddayyyy! Sunuvaplumma!"

DustRhodes.jpg

this is great.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 01:34 PM)
Huge Spoilers:

Batista/Undertaker Vs HBK/Cena as the main event at No Way Out.

Not really HUGE spoilers as you can find the results of Smackdown on any wrestling website. I assume this just buys them time until they decide which way to go for Mania. It basically assures I won't be at No Way Out unless some other major matches are announced.

Latest rumors have WWE doing the smart thing, eshewing Taker/Batista in favor of Taker/Cena, which should pop the buyrate way more than that stiff Big Dave. This means HBK will have to carry Dave to a good match, but that guy could wrestle the hell out of anyone.

Not sure where they're going with this Vinnie Mac/Trump angle, but really who the hell cares? They're both heels as far as I care, dropping money from the ceiling or not.

And I am done with ECW. Absolutely done. WSX isn't perfect, but it's better than that train wreck.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 12:41 PM)
And I am done with ECW. Absolutely done. WSX isn't perfect, but it's better than that train wreck.

I agree, the only problem I had with it is that it was only a 30 minute show..

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 11:38 AM)
Just ordered ROH's Death Before Dishonor IV and Chicago Spectacular Night 1 this morning.

Man, I can't wait.

The 2 shows they ran Wrestlemania weekend last year are MUST haves. They were awesome live. One of the rare 5 star matches on American soil, and I got to see it live!!

Interesting that ROH is running a different building on the 24th of this month. Use to be Chicago Ridge, now it's somewhere in the city...

http://rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=1037

Not sure if I'm going to make this one, PRIDE is having their 2nd event in America that night, and it'll be on PPV. Although it will be Samoa Joe's last ROH appearance in Chicago, and Brian Danielson cracks me up!

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 10:01 AM)
The 2 shows they ran Wrestlemania weekend last year are MUST haves. They were awesome live. One of the rare 5 star matches on American soil, and I got to see it live!!

Interesting that ROH is running a different building on the 24th of this month. Use to be Chicago Ridge, now it's somewhere in the city...

http://rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=1037

Not sure if I'm going to make this one, PRIDE is having their 2nd event in America that night, and it'll be on PPV. Although it will be Samoa Joe's last ROH appearance in Chicago, and Brian Danielson cracks me up!

They ran Chicago Ridge 5 times last year, so they're concerned about burning out people on that building. They're trying a different location to try to bring out the casual fans up north, sort of like they do with NYC. I think it's pretty smart, although it'd be a farther drive for me too if I was in town.