Red Sox @ White Sox - July 8

Heads22

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
hahaha i wont forget, i was at the game in which he blew it, cinco de mayo :P

Yep, and it's the only game that I allowed my fiance to watch the 9th inning with me. Needless to say, that's not happening the rest of the year. :P

At least this is a day game, so I'll have time to enjoy my night (or as much as someone can who has surgery last week).

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
Ok ok, bases loaded and no outs for Boston. Who wants to bet they get at least 1 across?

^^^^^^^^^^^

thome,dye pk, u guys watching??? haha we rip em and yet thome hit a gs the other day and weve scored 5 runs

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
we were due for a s*** series guys, and Boston is the only other team in baseball capable of winning the world series.

Let's win tomorrow.

Only team? I'd say a healthy Yankees, Mets, Tigers, and Twins could easily win a WS.

Why cant Ozzie just play his best defensive players in a big series and screw the matchups for once.

This was a BIG series and he's too busy playing cute.

Uribe at 3b, BA in center and AJ behind the plate.... THATS IT

Edited by Misplaced_Sox

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
Too bad our World Championship team last year never lost a series.

These are two clearly different teams. Last year was the kind that wins with pitching and defense. This year, we win with offense. We've seen how well that works from 2001-2004.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)
you can only outslug opponents for soo long. our pitching just isn't the same as last year. whats the team era anyways? it must be near 5

this is pathetic. I think the Red Sox are waaayy better this year than last year and right now the Red Sox and Tigers are better than us. (Right now that is) Kenny can still improve the team and maybe our pitching can wake uP?

Going into today our team era was 4.44. It will probably be around 4.50 after today. I'd like to know what our team era is the last 6 weeks. It has to be close to 6.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
we were due for a s*** series guys, and Boston is the only other team in baseball capable of winning the world series.

Let's win tomorrow.

This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't mean that the Sox will almost definitely down another game to the Tigers. As it turns out, the Red Cubs couldn't do too much more than the Sox did with the bags loaded.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)
Why cant Ozzie just play his best defensive players in a big series and screw the matchups or once.

This was a BIG series and he's too busy playing cute.

Uribe at 3b, BA in center and AJ behind the plate.... THATS IT

I'm sure he played Mackowiak and Cintron today vs Beckett caused they've faced him in the NL before. Even if Mackowiak catches that flare, Garcia was going to give up a handful of runs today.

Well, that could have been a lot worse, I suppose.

AJ, Crede, Mack and Cintron to lead off next inning. Some of our best hitters late in the game. Sub Pablo in for Scotty and that's five guys I wouldn't mind coming up.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
These are two clearly different teams. Last year was the kind that wins with pitching and defense. This year, we win with offense. We've seen how well that works from 2001-2004.

You are a very wise milkman.

QUOTE(G&T @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't mean that the Sox will almost definitely down another game to the Tigers. As it turns out, the Red Cubs couldn't do too much more than the Sox did with the bags loaded.

I could care less how the Tigers are doing. With the numerous amount of games we have left vs them, the Yankees, and Twins, if we play well in the 2nd half, we'll make the playoffs. The one thing we won't do is back into the playoffs due to other teams playing bad.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
Well, that could have been a lot worse, I suppose.

AJ, Crede, Mack and Cintron to lead off next inning. Some of our best hitters late in the game. Sub Pablo in for Scotty and that's five guys I wouldn't mind coming up.

The problem is Papplebon has allowed a whopping 2 runs in 42 2/3 innings this year. Chances the White Sox pull this out----------------remote.