Red Sox vs. White Sox, 1:05, Game thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell I dont know the percentages of how often we throw base runners but s*** if I scout this White Sox ballclub anybody with decent legs outta be swiping second all day....s*** IT DOESNT SEEM LIKE WE THROW OUT ANYBODY!!

to be fair, i don\'t know of any pitcher/catcher combo that throws out MORE than are given up. it\'s just a difficult percentage to deal with. slow people aren\'t going to run all that often so they are already in the hole there. the main problem is with our pitchers. AJ has a great arm, and actually very recently (the last week) i\'ve seen him throw out 3, 2 in 1 game.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
to be fair, i don\'t know of any pitcher/catcher combo that throws out MORE than are given up. it\'s just a difficult percentage to deal with. slow people aren\'t going to run all that often so they are already in the hole there. the main problem is with our pitchers. AJ has a great arm, and actually very recently (the last week) i\'ve seen him throw out 3, 2 in 1 game.

I definately agree I'm not putting the fault solely on AJ, our pitchers don't give the guy much of a chance to throw out base runners I'm just sick and tired of allowing opposing base runners prance on into second in scoring position as often as it seems..

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 06:44 PM)
Now that was a pathetic 2 strike swing.

You can tell the Red Sox plan is to get Crede to swing at the outside pitch with 2 strikes. They've done it like 4 times this series.

QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
I had a feeling we might struggle at the dish....asshole Schilling trying to show Ozzie firsthand he deserved to be an All-Star....we've got our work cut out for us boys

Yep....how dare he try to prove he belongs. I hate Schilling with a passion, but if he goes out there today and shoves it up his ass, I'll admire his intensity.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
Yep....how dare he try to prove he belongs. I hate Schilling with a passion, but if he goes out there today and shoves it up his ass, I'll admire his intensity.

f*** him.

All that we need to do is to square up the meatball he keeps throwing over the middle of the plate. His split is for s*** right now. We for whatever reason are trying to hit every ball to mars. Just get a good quick cut on the ball.