Red Sox vs. White Sox, 1:05, Game thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
Pods is another one of our guys that could use a break. He's not where he needs to be mentally right now.

The sad thing is, how many times during the year do we hear this about him?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
I think Boston's defense is just as good as ours overall.

And it looks like we'll get to see this year's Cy Young award winner.

At least their LF can throw a runner out at home.

Pods has to be one of the worst fielding outfielders I have seen. For a guy who is fast he gets the worst jumps on balls and quite frankly when he is in the field he runs like a girl. He is on a short leash. if the guy cannot steal 50-60 bases he is quite useless.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
Pods has to be one of the worst fielding outfielders I have seen. For a guy who is fast he gets the worst jumps on balls and quite frankly when he is in the field he runs like a girl. He is on a short leash. if the guy cannot steal 50-60 bases he is quite useless.

We don't need stolen bases on this team.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
it will be very interesting to say the least. Let's send Papelbon back to eath next inning.

Didn't he face all of them yesterday? They looked terrible then, not one of them could hit a straight fastball down the plate.

I sure hope they look better today.

we had our chance a few innings ago with konerko and dye hitting with a man on third. That was the chance. Now we are screwed. By the way I am sure someone has these stats but Paulie seems to be in a little slump, at least to my eye, especially with runners on. Just in the last two series and especially this series.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
They were saying earlier on the Boston telecast (NESN) that both teams would be on the same flight to Pittsburgh. I think that's a BAD idea.

They willl probably all play cards together