Gadgets

SoxFanForever

I have been looking for a new cell phone recently that will work on T-Mobile. After looking at tons and tons of phones and seeing all the toys and gadgets they have now inside phones (mp3 players, video players, games, radio) it got me to wondering what kind of gadgets the people here on soxtalk use.

Examples: iPod/mp3 player, PSP, high tech phones, etc.

So lay it on us. What kind of gadgets do soxtalk users love?

(Also, if anyone can suggest a decent phone for me that works on a GSM network lemme know :P )

Edit: Oops mods, can you move this to SLaP?

Edited by SoxFanForever

The most high-tech stuff I have is my 4 gb iPod nano and my Sony Ericsson phone that plays mp3's.

Other than that, my computer is like 5 years old, the newest car we have is a 2001 Ford F-150, I don't have Tivo or HDTV, and the only other gadgety stuff is a 5.0 MP Kodak Digital Camera and an Xbox. :lol:

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 03:34 AM)
Nice find, thanks.

Also HowardForums.com is a great place to ask this sort of question about cell phones specifically.

DK, I actually browse howards forums with some regularity. I was very interested in the Sony Ericsson w900i. Well, until I found the best deal was around $500 shipped. I think I need cheaper tastes.

I have a crappy ipod shuffle, works for what I use it for. I have an excellent cellphone. Its through sprint, the samsung a900. It has tv, sattelite radio, video camera, a long one, broadband internet, mp3 player..its the one that looks like a razr. I think thats all for gizmos, I used to be big into that stuff.

All I have, gadget-wise, is my 30GB iFreezeUpEveryCoupleOfWeeksForNoReasonWhatsoever.

My computer is decent, too (160GB, 512GB RAM, flat screen monitor, CD/DVD burner).

No cell phone (wife has one), no TiVo (VCR and DVD player), no digital cable (standard Comcast), all the basic stuff is fine for what I use it for.

As a rule I'm very reluctant to try new stuff - it's all part of my Advanced Curmudgeon lifestyle.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
What direction is it supposed to go? It seems right?

You know the kids these days with their dirty minds, Mr. Gleason.

When WE think "gadgets", we think of doohickeys, thingamabobs, and gizmos.

When these little pervies think "gadgets", well, the thread doesn't go in the direction THEY were hoping....

:lol:

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 10:34 PM)
The most high-tech stuff I have is my 4 gb iPod nano and my Sony Ericsson phone that plays mp3's.

Other than that, my computer is like 5 years old, the newest car we have is a 2001 Ford F-150, I don't have Tivo or HDTV, and the only other gadgety stuff is a 5.0 MP Kodak Digital Camera and an Xbox. :lol:

I'd be dead without my tivo and I still can't see how people watch tv without it..I mean, watching live tv is so 20 years ago :bang

Although I don't have a ton of gadgets..I don't own an ipod and my 'puter is 3 years old.

I do have sirius sat radio and a GPS unit in my car..pretty much it..and reg Nokia phone that plays immigrant song when it rings..

Where do I start....my wife would answer too much crap....

Cisco 3550 L3 Switch, Juniper 5GT firewall, Cisco AP1240AG WAP all of which work provided so I can work out of my house and keep my work network and my home network isolated from each other.

A 2 Terabyte NAS for video/music content created with http://www.freenas.org/. I recommend anyone wanting to create their own NAS use this free software and an old PC with lots of disk attached. Archos PVR for my portable media needs, IPOD 20Gig old school model, 50 inch DLP TV that I have a media center edition PC hooked up to. 6.1 Surround Sound theater which makes gaming with my xbox360 killer. 27 inch LCD in my bedroom. and my latest toy is my new macbook which has a intel dual core in it. fast as hell.

20 GB ipod, 2GB Nano, 43inch HDTV, DVR, BOSE Lifestyle 30 system, PS2, 21inch flatpanel LCD TV, HP Notebook and HP PC, black razr cellphone

I think that is about it, I love going to best buy. I could spend hours inside an electronic superstore.