Ken Lay = Jesus Christ?

HuskyCaucasian

Ken Lay's memorial attracts power elite

The Reverend Dr. Bill Lawson compared Lay with civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. and Jesus Christ, and said his name would eventually be cleared.

"He was taken out of the world right at the right time," he said. "History has a way of vindicating people who have been wronged."

THe man stole from his company and caused it to colapse ruining the lives of thousands! But dont worry... he was wronged!

"At the height of his power and position ... he used the position to lift others up."

Huh????????

In a lesser known book of the Bible, Jesus also went about getting investments from the disciples before running their money into his personal coffers.

So the pastor's speech makes sense.

Talk about putting lipstick on a f***ing swine.

And yes Athomeboy, he did lift them up....for the monumental fall that came when their jobs/pensions/professional lives collapsed beyond all recognition.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 01:34 AM)
And yes Athomeboy, he did lift them up....for the monumental fall that came when their jobs/pensions/professional lives collapsed beyond all recognition.

Not everyone who worked for Lay got screwed over. I know someone who worked at Florida energy company owned by Enron who still gets a pretty good pension.

But for the most part, yeah, this guy was scum. I like the pity store his family tried claiming. They were poor, their press release issued from their Aspen vacation home claimed. :crying

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 01:34 AM)
In a lesser known book of the Bible, Jesus also went about getting investments from the disciples before running their money into his personal coffers.

OH! THat must have been in one of those lost gospels. Makes total sense now! ;)

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 11:17 AM)
He was a monster, and I'm glad he's dead.

I was surprised that Bush didn't go to his lover's funeral, while his dad did. I'd expect W. to appreciate the man who funnelled money up his bum for most of his adult life.

I guess he could have just deserted him like John Kerry and Bill Clinton when the heat got to hot in the kitchen, but hey, that's just me I guess.