Next Starting Pitcher

GoSox05

Probably Lummy in 08.

I agree. Next starting pitcher should be Brandon. Next one from the farm (except for the occational spot start) will probably be in a couple of years and I'm guessing Lumsden :huh

Edited by Jim Spencer

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
I'm hoping it's Tyler Lumsden. He would be a solid lefty addition to the rotation. I'm just somewhat perplexed by his relatively low K numbers. He has better stuff than that.

After a year off due to injury, his numbers are great. It's good to see him bounce back like he has, low K numbers and all.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 06:34 AM)
After a year off due to injury, his numbers are great. It's good to see him bounce back like he has, low K numbers and all.

i think haeger has an excellent chance

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 07:11 AM)
... of being traded? Hah, just kidding. :D

Then again ... maybe not. :ph34r:

I don't think he should be considered to be kidding...Haeger'd probably be starting somewhere right now on about 1/2 of the teams in the big leagues.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 09:11 AM)
... of being traded? Hah, just kidding. :D

Then again ... maybe not. :ph34r:

you are right though...he has a great shot at getting traded as well...its kind of funny, but haeger and phillips domination over the IL this year may turn to really help our big league team out through a trade, when coming into the year, we wouldnt have been able to get much major league talent for them

you are right though...he has a great shot at getting traded as well...its kind of funny, but haeger and phillips domination over the IL this year may turn to really help our big league team out through a trade, when coming into the year, we wouldnt have been able to get much major league talent for them

I especially see Phillips getting traded. They have to make a decision on him, either he gets put on the 40 man after this season or he's eligible for Rule 5. With his numbers this year and the fact he's lefthanded, one would think some lower level team would pluck him.

So unless the White Sox have plans for him, they oughta get something via trade. Several of our minor league posters that have seen Phillips pitch many times don't seem too excited about him.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 05:01 PM)
I especially see Phillips getting traded. They have to make a decision on him, either he gets put on the 40 man after this season or he's eligible for Rule 5. With his numbers this year and the fact he's lefthanded, one would think some lower level team would pluck him.

So unless the White Sox have plans for him, they oughta get something via trade. Several of our minor league posters that have seen Phillips pitch many times don't seem too excited about him.

I have only seen him pitch in the AAA All-Star game and he looked damn good. i honestly think he could do better than Garcia, Vaz and Garland, #'s wise. I could see him with a 4.50 ish ERA, which is better than our back 3 and Mark right now. Obviously, he won't get the opportunity to start for the Sox so we can see what he's got, so I agree with you Jim, that he will probably be traded.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 05:06 PM)
I have only seen him pitch in the AAA All-Star game and he looked damn good. i honestly think he could do better than Garcia, Vaz and Garland, #'s wise. I could see him with a 4.50 ish ERA, which is better than our back 3 and Mark right now. Obviously, he won't get the opportunity to start for the Sox so we can see what he's got, so I agree with you Jim, that he will probably be traded.

ive never seen him pitch...but from what i hear hes a similar pitcher to buerhle, and therefore, on a prospect level, to a guy i have seen a ton of...jeremy sowers.....he had better #s in AAA than phillips and has had some trouble at the big league level, so im not all that sure hed be better than those guys