Around the Horn

Sonik22

In the course of a weekend, according to the 4 sports experts, the white sox are not gonna make the playoffs. Man the season is over! I officially hate this show. They had the worst arguments i have ever heard. Apparently both garcia and vazquez are on the block. Last i checked KW denied that. Apparently getting swept is a telltale sign that this season is over. We might as well give up, right? This was the first time we got swept this season. The same thing happened last year. We didn't get swept last year until the weekend before the all-star break. Then we came back and kicked ass. I believe that this team hasn't played their best baseball, and even after getting swept we are still 3 games up on the Yankees. Yeah the SP sucks right now, but at this same time last week these same people said the yankees would be the odd man out and that the sox would win the central. Flip-floppers Piss me off. Ozzie, you need to fire up our guys and stick it to the tigers! just my .02

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
In the course of a weekend, according to the 4 sports experts, the white sox are not gonna make the playoffs. Man the season is over! I officially hate this show. They had the worst arguments i have ever heard. Apparently both garcia and vazquez are on the block. Last i checked KW denied that. Apparently getting swept is a telltale sign that this season is over. We might as well give up, right? This was the first time we got swept this season. The same thing happened last year. We didn't get swept last year until the weekend before the all-star break. Then we came back and kicked ass. I believe that this team hasn't played their best baseball, and even after getting swept we are still 3 games up on the Yankees. Yeah the SP sucks right now, but at this same time last week these same people said the yankees would be the odd man out and that the sox would win the central. Flip-floppers Piss me off. Ozzie, you need to fire up our guys and stick it to the tigers! just my .02

Jay Mariotti said they would make it.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
Just curious, when was the last time a defending WS champ didn't make the post season the following year?

The Marlins a couple of years ago. I'm pretty sure the Angels and Diamondbacks didn't either. That would be 01-03 champs if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)

If having a team in front of you playing good baseball while they get to beat up on one of the worst teams in baseball doesnt fire you up to play the Yankees whom are in 2nd for the wildcard, do you think some knucklehead guys at ESPN are going to do it. This team doesnt need a fire and brimstone speech or a picture of a bunch of people not believing them. They need their starting pitching not to suck. If we pitch even half way decent with our Offense we run away with this thing. But when our pitching gives up runs like crazy then no matter how good your O is, you will come up short. Pitch better, catch the ball, selfless hitting with RISP and we will be fine. Pitch like s***, drop the ball, try and hit homers when all you need is a single to tie the game, and then we are the 2001-2004 whitesox.

Hit the ball, catch the ball, throw the ball.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
Just watch sportscenter for scores and highlights with the sound off...My word of advice is to avoid any other show on espn...

As much as I hate ESPN, PTI is still very watchable. When its Kornheiser and Wilbon, and not some fill-in, there isn't a better sports show on the planet...

...besides George Michaels Sports Machine, of course.

Can we really blame them for having that opinion? We just got done getting our asses whooped by the Red Sox and Yankees, two teams competing with us for a possible wild card spot. And our pitching looks like s*** compared to the Tigers, our division rival. One of these 4 teams will be left out, and since we're looking like the weakest one, it's not surprising the experts are getting off the bandwagon.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
As much as I hate ESPN, PTI is still very watchable. When its Kornheiser and Wilbon, and not some fill-in, there isn't a better sports show on the planet...

...besides George Michaels Sports Machine, of course.

OMG that show is still on in Chicago? LMAO!

Yeah I listen to PTI after work on my way home, and they show no bias whatsoever.

Has anyone seen Andrew Cicilliano's show on Fox Sports? I was getting ready for work today and Fox sports was showing some good highlights of the weekend and it sounded like Andrew's voice narrating...

QUOTE(Winning Ugly @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 05:58 PM)
OMG that show is still on in Chicago? LMAO!

Yeah I listen to PTI after work on my way home, and they show no bias whatsoever.

Has anyone seen Andrew Cicilliano's show on Fox Sports? I was getting ready for work today and Fox sports was showing some good highlights of the weekend and it sounded like Andrew's voice narrating...

fox sports got taken off my cable package a few weeks ago. anyone else?

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 05:14 PM)
Can we really blame them for having that opinion? We just got done getting our asses whooped by the Red Sox and Yankees, two teams competing with us for a possible wild card spot. And our pitching looks like s*** compared to the Tigers, our division rival. One of these 4 teams will be left out, and since we're looking like the weakest one, it's not surprising the experts are getting off the bandwagon.

Yes.

However bad our starters might be doing, we're not throwing Sidney Ponson out there. :P