Keepin' that Motown Mojo = Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 12:00 AM)
Has Tejada finally gotten that wicked slider of his working? He could throw 7 innings of 2 run ball for us right?

I'm actually of the opinion that with what's on the market, the best way to improve our pitching might just be going for the juggular on offense. I know it won't happen though, so the Tejada comment was just a shot at the trade winds phenomenon.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 07:14 PM)
Javy is working faster??

That 2-2 pitch was hung...stop that.

His curve this year has been his biggest problem. He isnt getting on top of the pitch and he leaves it hanging. At least he is throwing more sliders on 2 strikes, than his curve. When he is ontop of it, it bites down and is a good K pitch. When he leaves it up, it gets hit hard.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 12:15 AM)
His curve this year has been his biggest problem. He isnt getting on top of the pitch and he leaves it hanging. At least he is throwing more sliders on 2 strikes, than his curve. When he is ontop of it, it bites down and is a good K pitch. When he leaves it up, it gets hit hard.

Vazquez has been hurt on his curve to righties this year, and his slider to lefties. All year, I've been wondering why he doesn't stick to fastball/curve/change against lefties, and fastball/slider vs righties.