.300 or better

Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 01:04 PM)
Can we have five starting players bat .300 or higher this season?

Dye .316

AJ .313

Konerko .310

Thome .303

Crede .301

Iguchi .291

I doubt that AJ, Thome, or Iguchi will hit .300 at the seasons end, and I don't know if Paulie or Crede will either (although they'll be close to .300, like the others)

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 12:13 PM)
I doubt that AJ, Thome, or Iguchi will hit .300 at the seasons end, and I don't know if Paulie or Crede will either (although they'll be close to .300, like the others)

You don't think AJ can hit .300+ by season's end?

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
I believe thats what I said, yes.

But why?

He has by far the best career batting average of those listed. I realize his month by month splits aren't terrific, but he's still well above the .300 mark. To think he won't stay above it is dumb at this point, IMO.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
But why?

He has by far the best career batting average of those listed. I realize his month by month splits aren't terrific, but he's still well above the .300 mark. To think he won't stay above it is dumb at this point, IMO.

His averages by the month:

April: .342

May: .322

June: .302

July: .271

His homerun totals per month:

April: 0

May: 2

June: 2

July: 3

I think that he's starting to go into the uppercut swing more, which is the reason he hit .257 last year. While I would like to see him stick with the contact swing, I don't think he will, and by the end of the year, I expect him to hit around .290 or so.

Also, .313 isn't "well above the .300 mark".

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 12:33 PM)
His averages by the month:

April: .342

May: .322

June: .302

July: .271

His homerun totals per month:

April: 0

May: 2

June: 2

July: 3

I think that he's starting to go into the uppercut swing more, which is the reason he hit .257 last year. While I would like to see him stick with the contact swing, I don't think he will, and by the end of the year, I expect him to hit around .290 or so.

Also, .313 isn't "well above the .300 mark".

AJP has the best career BA of those listed. I would say on that alone he has the best chance.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
AJP has the best career BA of those listed. I would say on that alone he has the best chance.

Not only that he is the only one who has actually hit .300+ in a season not named Konerko. (even though Pauly hasn't done it in like 3 years) IMO, Crede can do it since this will be a career year for him this season, and we are really seeing him start to blossom. AJ is going to his gap hitting roots like he did with Minnesota. And it's not like he's doing it as an advantage. AJ is hitting .300+ at home and away, something Pauly never does/did (Kong always hit better on the road) This will be an interesting discussion no doubt.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
Not only that he is the only one who has actually hit .300+ in a season not named Konerko. (even though Pauly hasn't done it in like 3 years) IMO, Crede can do it since this will be a career year for him this season, and we are really seeing him start to blossom. AJ is going to his gap hitting roots like he did with Minnesota. And it's not like he's doing it as an advantage. AJ is hitting .300+ at home and away, something Pauly never does/did (Kong always hit better on the road) This will be an interesting discussion no doubt.

Jermaine Dye hit .321 in 2000

not to mention are bench players are hitting a combined .295

also Pods is at like .276

so what does all this mean. Are line-up is bad ass and we don't need Tori hunter or Ken Griffey or Carl Crawford, Willie Mays or Willie Mays Hays.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 12:50 PM)
Crede & Konerko are good second half guys-AJ is steady, Dye having career year-only Thome a lock NOT to end up .300

The strange thing is NONE of these guys get any infield hits

No, but Thome walks...a lot! That's why I think he, AJ and Dye will all be above .300 at year end. Konerko will be in the .290s.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 05:57 PM)
No, but Thome walks...a lot! That's why I think he, AJ and Dye will all be above .300 at year end. Konerko will be in the .290s.

Thome has walked a lot his whole career. What make this year so special?