Sox v. Tigers, Gamethread: Contreras v. Rogers, 12:05

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
We need to catch a few breaks today, have a few lucky bounces go our way, and get back home as soon as possible. The next homestand is completely sold out, and I hope the crowd sparks the energy back into this team.

I heard Hawk say its sold out. How come tickets are available on Ticketmaster?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 12:46 PM)
Farmer - "Did you watch any of the British Open today?"

Singleton - *stern* "NO"

/10 seconds of awkward silence

Singleton - "Konerko and Dye . . ."

Very awkward exchange.

there was another classic exchange a few days ago too... About two days after the trade, Farmer asked Singleton what he thought about the reds-nationals trade:

Singleton knew nothing about it.

I don't know what Singleton was doing for those two days... it was all over the sports knews.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 12:50 PM)
This team is just done right now. Physically, emotionally, they need that 2nd wind to hurry up and come cause right now, they got nothing left in the tanks.

just because they have not lived up to your 2nd half predictions? >insert rolleyes smiley here

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
there was another classic exchange a few days ago too... About two days after the trade, Farmer asked Singleton what he thought about the reds-nationals trade:

Singleton knew nothing about it.

I don't know what Singleton was doing for those two days... it was all over the sports knews.

I was listening at that time as well...very classic. Farmer didn't know that much about it either...he thought Dunn may have been involved in the trade.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
Conteras is not throwing over the top according to Farmer.

Hopefully we can learn how other teams get out the .248 hitting Monroe.

Yeah, he's almost exclusively throwing sidearm, this is not encouraging. Usually when he's on he'll throw mainly overhand then mix in a few sidarm fastballs in or sliders low and away to throw people off.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
Yeah, he's almost exclusively throwing sidearm, this is not encouraging. Usually when he's on he'll throw mainly overhand then mix in a few sidarm fastballs in or sliders low and away to throw people off.

He can locate with the over the top motion better than he can with the sidearm.

Our approach is puzzling.