What does he know about baseball

Steve9347

...suggested trading Joe Crede to Washington in a potential Soriano deal because "this young kid Josh Fields is ready to play."

Has anyone seen Fields' bat-speed? Joe Crede is hopefully going to be a White Sox lifer, and Josh Fields is clearly not ready to play the hot corner for a championship-caliber (hopefully.)

Plus, think before you speak Sean... the Nats have Ryan Zimmerman, a 24 year old kid who kills the ball playing 3rd base for them.

QUOTE(Iguana @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 09:32 AM)
I thought Salisbury was a football guy?

Yea, Crede is finally living up to his potential. He should be a Sox for a long time.

He is a football guy, and it shows with this comment.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 09:30 AM)
...suggested trading Joe Crede to Washington in a potential Soriano deal because "this young kid Josh Fields is ready to play."

Has anyone seen Fields' bat-speed? Joe Crede is hopefully going to be a White Sox lifer, and Josh Fields is clearly not ready to play the hot corner for a championship-caliber (hopefully.)

Plus, think before you speak Sean... the Nats have Ryan Zimmerman, a 24 year old kid who kills the ball playing 3rd base for them.

Of course this is silly... everyone knows Chavez is Crede's replacement.. ;)

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 09:30 AM)

Your problem here is that you are listening to testicle radio...Join the revolution and you shall be set free!

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Field would obviously have to play LF with them, not 3rd.

Salisbury's comments don't surprise me. He doesn't seem to ever hear or get the full story. Yesterday he was blasting the Sox for going to the media with the Widger stuff. He said that the Sox should have told Widger the stuff behind closed doors to his face and not to the media. Then once Widger has that information he can do what he wants with it. If he wants to share it with the media he can, if not then he doesn't. Ummm, Sean, that is exactly the way it happened.

I have stopped taking anything Salisbury says seriously. He never gets the story straight or gets all of the information before he speaks his opinion.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 09:58 AM)
Of course this is silly... everyone knows Chavez is Crede's replacement.. ;)

lol ahh, the good 'ol days. Chavez and Helton at the corners.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 11:11 AM)
While I wouldn't trade Crede in all likelihood mainly because of what it would do to the lockerroom (its something more for an offseason than midseason) don't count on White Sox lifers just because he's one fo your favorites. Don't forget who his agent is....

I just ran across a Joe Crede quote in someone's sig at the other site, but it basically said he wants to stay with the Sox, and as far as his agent, he'd be willing to make a change. I'll go find that now.

found it: Crede told the Daily Southtown in July that he wanted to continue his career on the South Side and that if he believed his representation was not keeping his best interest in mind, "I'd make some changes."

Edited by SoxFan76