2b. Iguchi

DH. Thome

1b. Konerko

RF. Dye

3b. Crede

C. Pierzynski

SS. Uribe

CF. Anderson

So basically two moves, one Mack in, Pods out. The second, switching Crede and Pierzynski. I think Mack can be a fine defensive LF, much better than Pods and he is a better hitter. Pods isn't stealing bases, so Mack's stolen base potential is nullified. He has a good OBP this year and if he gets some at-bats in a row, his SLUG% will go up. What does everybody think? I am just sick of Pods' D, his horrible clutchness and his inability to be a good leadoff hitter now (SBs, INF singles, bunt singles.) I am also sick of the Anderson platoon, he is hitting now and needs to be in the line-up every day especially because of his D.

Edited by maggsmaggs

Mack's an extremely streaky hitter. I think if you put him in the lineup everyday, he would get caught out, and go into one of those slumps soon enough.

He's at his most effective with what he's doing now, playing a couple of days a week with favorable matchups.

It may be time to give him an extra game or 2 instead of Pods though, with the way he has been hitting.

Why would you move Crede up?

The reason he's 7th to begin with is to break up 3 consecutive right handed hitters. (He'd be the third if he was hitting sixth.)

As far as Mackowiak starting, he's not that great on D either and I'd rather take my chances with Pods starting to play better down the stretch.

I'm not into all of these gimmick changes.

Just play better and win games.

They won the first half with their current lineup, they can do it now.

Anything but Podsednik, that's all I ask. I didn't have a problem with his less than stellar stats last year because he got the job done. Now he's got less than stellar stats and ISN'T getting the job done. He's useless. He can't hit for a high average, he doesn't have a high OBP, he can't play adequate defense, he can't throw the ball, he forgot how to bunt, and he can't steal. Timo Perez has a better upside for crying out loud. At least he could play defense and drive in clutch runs.*

*This is not a statement promoting Timo Perez, just a comparison to show how much I would not miss Pods if he left.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 08:42 AM)
Why would you move Crede up?

The reason he's 7th to begin with is to break up 3 consecutive right handed hitters.

As far as Mackowiak starting, he's not that great on D either and I'd rather take my chances with Pods starting to play better down the stretch.

I'm not into all of these gimmick changes.

Just play better and win games.

They won the first half with their current lineup, they can do it now.

You want ur best run producers up in the line-up and Crede is better than AJ. I want Crede up to get a key SAC Fly not AJ. We would still have Crede, Uribe, Anderson at the end of the line-up, so that's still three righties and a much worse version than Konerko, Dye and Crede. Bottom line, Crede > Pierzynski, I want Crede to be the benefit of Thome walking.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 08:53 AM)
Iguchi

Mackowiak

Dye

Konerko

Thome

Crede

AJ

Uribe

Anderson

This breaks up the righties

Lets Thome hit behind some .300 hitters

Forces Mack to maybe take some pitches batting second

I actually like that lineup but there's no way Ozzie would ever use it.

I am not going to defend Podsednik anymore....but for all the pieces of spiff there are to criticize on this team, Scottie takes an extraordinarily disproportionate amount of criticism around here.

ITS OLD.

And Mackowiak, of all people, does absolutely nothing for this team.

That homer off of Street was awesome.

That was 2 months ago.

i agree it's time to boot Pods.

He's a one-trick pony who can no longer perform the trick.

baseball players are rated on five skills.

ability to hit -- he's average at best.

hit for power -- way below average for a corner outfielder

field -- he's unwatchable

throw -- noodle arm.

run -- I guess he can, but he couldn't beat out a critical infield hit against the Twinkies and no longer steals bases.

He's the guy who needs to go, go, go.

Edited by winninguglyin83

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 09:00 AM)
Pods has not stolen a base since the All Star break. The one thing that he gives you offensively, and he isn't doing it. I'm quite certain this is his last season in a White Sox uniform.

To this I'll add that Mackowiak has proven to be a much smarter baserunner than Pods, even if he isn't as fast. He can still steal a few bases, he doesn't get picked off, and knows how to get down to second to break up a double play.

I'm all for moving both MAck and Pods. Mack's let a lot of players take an extra base in the OF, like yesterday letting Castillo turn a 2b into a 3b by not hustling after the ball in Right center. And I haven't seen MAck get a big hit or even make a productive out. Pods platooning with Ozuna and being replaced by Mack in LF for defensive purposes says everything.

Mackowiak is actually a utility infielder and a CORNER OF... I believe he would be a stronger candidate for Pods position then he would for Anderson which would eliminate the platoon in Center. Hell, he is hitting .307 with 176 AB whereas Pods is hitting .269 with 345 AB. The point where i believe Mackowiak would be a better fit is ever since the begining of this season it seems as though Pods is trying to go for power and a HR every at bat instead of going for the small ball base hit which is what a true leadoff hitter is suppose to do. He also is only 11 K's short of where he was ALL of last season which i am sure he will surpass by next thursday. Not to mention he is now at his career high of 6 Errors!! Outside of his HOT wife, he is hindering this team in the way of a true leadoff hitter!!

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 08:13 AM)
Why doesn't JD bat 3 and Thome bat 5. I just don't get it.

Thome last time I checked was #2 in the AL in runs scored. That's why. He gets on base like a crazy man with those walks he takes, and the decent batting average, and thus sets up RBI opportunities for the bombers behind him. You put him in the 5 spot, you have Crede and AJ hitting behind him. He'll have a few more chances to drive in runs because of Konerko's OBP, but He'll have a lot less chances to score runs because he won't have Konerko and Dye to drive him in.

Here's my beef, whatever the lineup ends up being.

PICK A TEAM, AND STICK WITH IT.

Is it just me, or are we being subbed to death this year? I feel like I never see the same team two games in a row. I wonder how the team is going to jell if it's never the same nine guys--er, eight.

Know what I mean?

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 11:15 AM)
Cintron :huh :huh: :huh

My thoughts exactly. Uribe isn't hitting for average, but he always manages to produce runs/home runs at a decent rate. There are better SS out there, Cintron isn't one of them.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
Here's my beef, whatever the lineup ends up being.

PICK A TEAM, AND STICK WITH IT.

Is it just me, or are we being subbed to death this year? I feel like I never see the same team two games in a row. I wonder how the team is going to jell if it's never the same nine guys--er, eight.

Know what I mean?

I agree. The Sox need to stick with a lineup, that is normally how lineups become more effective. If you are changing the lineup every game there is no continuity between batter and baserunner.

I think moving Crede ahead of AJ is a bad idea. AJ is hitting well for average and is getting on base a lot and creates good rbi opportunity for Crede instead of having to rely on Uribe to let him in. As far as the Mac and Pods switch I think it should be changeable based on recent performance and maybe use Pods as a pinch rinner late in games when he doesnt start.

No lineup changes, nothing drastic, nope,'' Walker said. "I hear the critics say we're trying to hit home runs. Look at some of the homers we hit lately: opposite-field home runs, Jim Thome hit one [Tuesday] to center. That's not a sign of a team going up to the plate and saying, 'I'm going to try and hit a home run right here.' That's a sign of guys that are really good, putting good swings on the ball.

"Whoever is saying that is dwelling on the moment, and we can take it because we haven't been very good the last two weeks. But the overall picture is these are my guys, and I'm sticking with them.''

LOL at him hanging hit hat on one center field dong, and one oppo dong as a reason for "were not trying to hit homers" Sure Kong and company are just trying to make contact. its just plain luck that they are pulling everything and popping things up.

Edited by southsideirish71