7/30/06 White Sox v. Orioles

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
I didn't say Santana's career numbers. I said in his recent outings (meaning his last 10 starts or so). We destroyed him early on about three years ago, when they thought he had some arm issues. We ended up beating him like 16-7 in a game.

He allowed 7 runs in his first outing Vs the Sox in '04, that basically killed his ERA Vs the Sox for the season.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
Now Mr. 6th inning just plunked someone.

How many fishing times does it have to happen before ozzie figures it out.

I still blame whoever put on that golf outing in Venezuela during the offseason.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
For fish's sake Ozzie... Get him out of here.

I bet you the pen isnt even up. As I post this Neal cotts starts to get loose.

We will get the same quotes tomorrow. He was dealing, we dont know what happened.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
There's a reason why Jim Thome has the 2nd most runs in the AL and 4th most in baseball. It would be foolish to change the order like that.

Dye's OBP is almost identical to Thome's, plus he has better speed. And is more likely to score from 1st on a 2b by Thome or PK. Not to mention, he is or best hitter for AVG..........That being said, I doubt Oz will make that change, but just a thought

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
I would've called time out, driven to Charlotte or wherever he is, driven back, and brought in Politte there if he needed another right hander before Markakis.

He was released.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
YAYYYYYYYYYY OZZIE

YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY HAVE LET HIM PUT THOSE 2 RUNNERS ON AFTER HE GAVE UP THE HOMER

THAT'S SOME QUALITY MANAGING RIGHT THERE

Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y

Yeah. That 318 foot homer was really crushed.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
Dye's OBP is almost identical to Thome's, plus he has better speed. And is more likely to score from 1st on a 2b by Thome or PK. Not to mention, he is or best hitter for AVG..........That being said, I doubt Oz will make that change, but just a thought

Maybe I just don't understand what it would accomplish, the last thing the team needs to do is juggle the 3-4-5 seeing how they've been more productive than any other tandom in all of baseball. Also, I wouldn't say Dye is even that much faster than Thome, Jermaine seems to have lost a few steps since last year, it seems he has a piano strapped to his back now a days.