7/31 White Sox v. Royals

Sam

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 06:13 PM)
That was my first thought.

I'll take Gload's approach. I think it will do good things. He's being rewarded right now (although its cause Thome/Konerko had some injuries) and he's responding quite well. He's really got as good of an approach as any hitter on this team.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
Yeah, well, it's an easy way to criticize. Contreras pitching rough in a game doesn't have to do with a rough day.

I think we can all agree we've seen too many "rough days" lately. I do agree though, I used a bad word to describe Contreras. I was referring more to the entire starting rotation. If these guys don't want to be remembered as one of the more disappointing collection of starters in the last 20 years, they need to have a strong finish to the season.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 06:14 PM)
Count's given up 3 runs in the first 2 innings? What's going on?

He's not the ace everyone thought he was and hasn't been ever since he screwed aroudn with all the extra arm angles (not just the couple he used to throw at opponents).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
I'll take Gload's approach. I think it will do good things. He's being rewarded right now (although its cause Thome/Konerko had some injuries) and he's responding quite well. He's really got as good of an approach as any hitter on this team.

Yeh Gload's a good hitter, he just isn't versatile enough to really utilize him on this squad.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)

You'd take Gload's over Thome?

Different strokes for different folks, but, while I appreciate Ross a lot, I'd rather Thome, thanks.

I'd take Gload's approach over Konerko's every once in a while, but not too often. Thome's just something special in our lineup.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
Yeh Gload's a good hitter, he just isn't versatile enough to really utilize him on this squad.

He earned his spot on the roster for the rest of the season on Friday night. If Thome has a lingering wrist injury, we're going to see a lot of Gload.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
I think we can all agree we've seen too many "rough days" lately. I do agree though, I used a bad word to describe Contreras. I was referring more to the entire starting rotation. If these guys don't want to be remembered as one of the more disappointing collection of starters in the last 20 years, they need to have a strong finish to the season.

Contreras has looked fine to me even when he's had it rough.