Sox @ KC - 8/1 Game Thread

Heads22

This quote from KW says it all:

''The time to talk about how we look on paper, how our pitching looks on paper, is long past,'' Williams said. ''It's either time to step up or bring a new level of expectation. That's why we thought it was so important to go out and get [reliever Mike] MacDougal because certainly [the starting pitchers] have not, as a group, shown us enough.

''We have to compensate defensively, we have to compensate offensively, we have to compensate in the bullpen. They picked us up big-time last year. Now it's time to pick them up in different areas and hopefully find a formula that works for us.''

This ^ is the plan for the rest of 06, get on board or jump off now.

:gosox1:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KW's right on about the whole on-paper thing. On paper we should sweep the WS. On paper, Detroit was nowhere to be found. On paper, supposedly it was going to be a shootout between us and Cleveland for the Central.

Oh well!

But I like that attitude. Time to stop thinking about coulda/shoulda/woulda and just get on with it. It's clutch time.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 12:04 PM)
KW's right on about the whole on-paper thing. On paper we should sweep the WS. On paper, Detroit was nowhere to be found. On paper, supposedly it was going to be a shootout between us and Cleveland for the Central.

Oh well!

But I like that attitude. Time to stop thinking about coulda/shoulda/woulda and just get on with it. It's clutch time.

Sounds to me like K-Dubs has accepted the fact that the starters will get lit up and our best chance is to outslug the opposition and hand it over to the pen.

As for tonight, if at any point during the first three innings Mark should happen to give up two hits in a row, Sandy, or Coop needs to come out to the mound, smack him on the ass and ask him where they're going to dinner after the game. Every hitter in the league sees MB as a tee stand right now and will be jumping all over the 1st pitch. DO NOT LET THE GAME GET OUT OF HAND IN A SPAN OF 8 PITCHES AND 90 SECONDS.

Get the ball and throw it. I am not sure if it will happen tonight but he will find "it" and he will roll the rest of the way. Let's just hope he finds "it" rather soon.

I believe the umpiring will be the deciding factor. If he is getting the corners and getting guys to beat the ball into the ground, we'll walk away with a nice victory 6-1. If not we will lose 7-4.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
Get the ball and throw it. I am not sure if it will happen tonight but he will find "it" and he will roll the rest of the way. Let's just hope he finds "it" rather soon.

I believe the umpiring will be the deciding factor. If he is getting the corners and getting guys to beat the ball into the ground, we'll walk away with a nice victory 6-1. If not we will lose 7-4.

I believe the Royals ability to hit will be the deciding factor. The umpires generally call a fair game for Mark, but even so he doesn't walk a lot of guys. Usually he gets hit.

I really hope Mark pulls through, but even f he has a good game, in the end it will have been against the Royals. Nevertheless, it might be a first step.

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)
I believe the Royals ability to hit will be the deciding factor. The umpires generally call a fair game for Mark, but even so he doesn't walk a lot of guys. Usually he gets hit.

I really hope Mark pulls through, but even f he has a good game, in the end it will have been against the Royals. Nevertheless, it might be a first step.

The Royals aren't a bad offensive team, they just always have terrible pitching. Anyone can put on a Royals uniform and all of the sudden become Arnie Munoz/Felix Diaz/Danny Wright. (you get the idea)

QUOTE(Jake @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
The Royals aren't a bad offensive team, they just always have terrible pitching. Anyone can put on a Royals uniform and all of the sudden become Arnie Munoz/Felix Diaz/Danny Wright. (you get the idea)

Yep, they sure suck with pitchers but lead the league in runs since late June (or at least they did as of last Saturday, which was only a couple games ago).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:39 PM)
Mark...I'm going to wear your jersey tonight at the Angel game..make me proud.

Last time my son and I saw you in Aneheim was a great night. We begin again!

Ozuna, LF

Iguchi, 2b

Dye, RF

Konerko, DH

Crede, 3B

Cintron, SS

Alomar, C

Gload, 1b

Anderson, CF

Buehrle, P

DeJesus, CF

Grudzielanek, 2B

Teahen, 3B

Sanders, RF

Brown, LF

Shealy, 1b

German, DH

Philips, C

Berroa, SS

Perez, P

Edited by Balta1701

its going to be in the triple digits tonight....

I hope they have been drinking their water.

some times when its really hot I like to buy a brick of ice and then put it in front of a fan... maybe they should consider doing that in the dugout?

Edited by tealeafreaderii