Sox @ KC - 8/2 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
It seems we have had so many defensive gems in the outfield against us... and than we get to watch Podsenick look stupid in the OF :chair

So true, thats two plays now that Gathright has made that have robbed two hits. Ugh.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
Now the sad thing is, that Minny will come in here and destroy the Royals for the next 3 games.

We seem to be the only playoff contending team that has problems with the worst teams in the league.

Minny lost a series here right before the break.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Now the sad thing is, that Minny will come in here and destroy the Royals for the next 3 games.

We seem to be the only playoff contending team that has problems with the worst teams in the league.

Detroit hasn't looked overly special vs. TB

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)

Boston had plenty of problems.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 01:50 AM)
ick, i just hate when a borderline pitcher dominates the Sox like this. It just bugs the hell out of me. I know he pitched better since being a starter, but not like this

We don't exactly have our A lineup tonight.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 06:48 PM)
Who are the two?

I could see Orlando Cabrrera, Alex Gonzalez and Adam Everett being rated above Uribe and even then I have my doubts because I think Uribe gets to more balls than some of those guys (however, all are very good). Vizquel isn't what he once was, although he's hands down the greatest defensive shortstop ever.

Cesar Itzuris is another one of my favorites, but he needs to prove he's still at that level.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)

We won the series, thats all i ask for. You win series and you'll be a playoff team. Hudson has pitched well, we should have 3 runs, but no knock on Teahen taking ya deep.

Problem is our defense is what sucks. We should be winning this game with proper execution.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)

The same Minny that has lost what 16-0 over the last couple of days.