Sox @ KC - 8/2 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 03:44 AM)
Better than he usually does actually. If 4 earned runs ain't making progress from his usual 6-8 earned a game then we should have been already looking to 07. And I really know you didn't watch the game today, since you don't have a clue how those runs came about.

Don't know how those came about? Teahen got a cheap homer cause of the wind, but it was still a towering fly ball on a terrible pitch. Garcia seemed to throw a lot of fastballs tonight, compared to his usual arsenal of sliders/change-ups. I guess I just am not too excited by 6 inning plus, 4 run start. That's not going to win you very many games, even if you're playing the Royals.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
Don't know how those came about? Yep...guys were hitting hit fastball solidly all night. Teahen got a cheap homer cause of the wind, but it was still a towering fly ball on a terrible pitch. Garcia seemed to throw a lot of fastballs tonight, compared to his usual arsenal of sliders/change-ups. I guess I just am not too excited by 6 inning plus, 4 run start. That's not going to win you very many games, even if you're playing the Royals.

I'm just saying don't assume he just sucked it up though. The same can be said about the D behind him. Pods cost him a run alone and he barely bailed out Uribe's ass from not catching a foulball and Gload wasn't much better. That pitch was not terrible to Teahen eigher. Inside up Teahan just did a good job pulling those hands in and rotating his hips (if you didn't know Teahen has been on a serious tear) If your surprised, I've said it many times I will back anyone in that sox uni.. (except Pollite who is now gone)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 03:51 AM)
I'm just saying don't assume he just sucked it up though. The same can be said about the D behind him. Pods cost him a run alone and he barely bailed out Uribe's ass from not catching a foulball and Gload wasn't much better. That pitch was not terrible to Teahen eigher. Inside up Teahan just did a good job pulling those hands in and rotating his hips (if you didn't know Teahen has been on a serious tear) If your surprised, I've said it many times I will back anyone in that sox uni.. (except Pollite who is now gone)

I still want to know this: since when did our expectations get so low for our guys? This isn't directed towards you at all...I admire you sticking up for Sox players.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 10:54 PM)
I still want to know this: since when did our expectations get so low for our guys? This isn't directed towards you at all...I admire you sticking up for Sox players. :bang

Since we started sucking? :lol: And don't worry, I'm solo on the sticking up bro. Almost everyone here hates Vazquez.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 03:55 AM)
Since we started sucking? :lol: And don't worry, I'm solo on the sticking up bro. Almost everyone here hates Vazquez.

I clicked on the wrong icon. I was being serious when I said I admire you sticking up for all the Sox players. :cheers

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)

That wasn't a terrible pitch, except for the fact that it was the exact same pitch Teahan hit to the warning track the last time he was up.