Sox @ KC - 8/2 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to hear one fishing person suggest Garcia's outting was good except for "the wind blown HR." It doesn't matter whether or not mother nature assisted the pitch. I'm tired of the excuses to justify poor performances. If I don't have to hear it I'll be a happy person.

Let's face it. We ain't good enough this year.

The magic ain't there.

Our pen is spotty. Our D is spotty.

Even when are healthy our lineup is all

convaluted (sp). It ain't our year.

Can we eke out a wild card bid?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 04:44 AM)
I don't want to hear one fishing person suggest Garcia's outting was good except for "the wind blown HR." It doesn't matter whether or not mother nature assisted the pitch. I'm tired of the excuses to justify poor performances. If I don't have to hear it I'll be a happy person.

One of these days, our starter is going to win the game for the whole team. You know, like an 8 inning, 1 run performance or something like that. Our starting rotation is underachieving so much.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 04:44 AM)

The magic ain't there.

There's definitely no way to "eke" out a WC bid this year. Whoever wins the AL WC is going to have to play superb ball the rest of the way.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)

The magic ain't there.

Let's face one other thing, yeah we were playing the Royals, but we just had Thome out for 5 days in a row, and Konerko out for what, 3 altogther, and in that last stretch we've won both series, gone 4/6, and managed to give our biggest guns some rest.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Interesting comments by Ozzie at the bottom of this article. If he's being honest, maybe Mackowiak will start to get more playing time in LF.

And of course, you know what that means...PODSEDNIK IN CF!!! ANDERSON CANNOT FACE RIGHTIES!!!

Good point, Balta. No Konerko and Thome is not good.

But I hate not sweeping those bums especially when Det. is 12 of 13 or

something like that versus the worst team in baseball and we

always drop a game in a series vs. those dolts.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 11:44 PM)

What was wrong with his performance? I think he battled pretty good.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)

He sure didn't impress me. 10 hits, home run on a stupid stupid pitch, seemed to me to be falling behind everyone, and so on.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 04:53 AM)

On a night where your two big sluggers are out, it would be nice if the starting pitcher can put the team on his back and pitch a masterpiece. I'm sick of our pitchers "battling". How about they go out there and step up and dominate?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
On a night where your two big sluggers are out, it would be nice if the starting pitcher can put the team on his back and pitch a masterpiece. I'm sick of our pitchers "battling". How about they go out there and step up and dominate?

I wish. I see no evidence that any of the five starters with the POSSIBLE exception of Contreras have a dominating game in their arm. I can't even remember the last dominating game.

QUOTE(PA32R @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 05:07 AM)
I wish. I see no evidence that any of the five starters with the POSSIBLE exception of Contreras have a dominating game in their arm. I can't even remember the last dominating game.

Garland a couple of times.