Departed Prospects

farmteam

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)
That is correct. The one thing I will say though is despite that, his average and on base are about the same (.280/.370 this year in comparison to .277/.377 this year). For some reason (maybe I'm crazy), I usually expect a guy's average to go up when he strikes out less, since the ball is put in play more (ala Crede this year IMO), and you have a better chance of getting a hit on a ball in play than a whiff obviously, but Young's hasn't. Maybe that's just me, and maybe the change of home parks can explain this for Young.

He really started off slow and is coming around he is also hitting in the 2 hole since Drew has been called up and it took awhile to get used to that role his AVG on July 20th was .252 now is at .280. He also struggled with some off speed pitches which he is now hitting much better.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 05:19 PM)
He really started off slow and is coming around he is also hitting in the 2 hole since Drew has been called up and it took awhile to get used to that role his AVG on July 20th was .252 now is at .280. He also struggled with some off speed pitches which he is now hitting much better.

Ahh ok, thanks for the info. :cheers