Official Game Thread 8/5 - Sox vs Jays

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chopper2Hopper @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
Is Hawk the only one who calls Roy Halladay "Doc?" He seems to use to exclusively. I've never heard anyone else use it. Yes I understand the Tombstone reference.

On BBTN they call him that too.

QUOTE(Chopper2Hopper @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
Is Hawk the only one who calls Roy Halladay "Doc?" He seems to use to exclusively. I've never heard anyone else use it. Yes I understand the Tombstone reference.

all the canadian networks refer to him as "doc"

QUOTE(soxunited @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
not what i meant. Molina has had difficulty throwing batters out. Zaun is bit better at it

I thought Molina was a good defensive catcher, although I could be mixing him up with his brother in St. Louis (or whatever relation they have).

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
Hopefully Ozzie benches pods right now, and never plays him in another game again

the guy has lost his ability as a major league baseball player, and I don't want him fishing over my team any more than he already does

Pods should be running foul poles after the game, just like in high school or college for a mental mess up.

He tards us out of a man at 3rd with one out.

ok first of all why is he stealing 3rd with none out and the heart of our order coming up especially when it is a young pitch who isnt throwing strikes? very questionable decision...then the play at home was just rediculously illadvised! poor mental decisions are costly and should have no tolerance...period!

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
I thought Molina was a good defensive catcher, although I could be mixing him up with his brother in St. Louis (or whatever relation they have).

Just looked it up and Molina has only thrown out 15% of runners. May not be all his fault, but still.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
ok first of all why is he stealing 3rd with none out and the heart of our order coming up especially when it is a young pitch who isnt throwing strikes? very questionable decision...then the play at home was just rediculously illadvised! poor mental decisions are costly and should have no tolerance...period!

His baserunning mistake is something you see in some Freshman high school games, you may see it from time to time in a sophmore game, but I dont remember seeing it much in a varsity game. Yet we have had a lot of runners do it this year in the majors.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 05:17 PM)

Yeah I know what you mean. There has been a big uproar (as big as you can get in Toronto) regarding Molina and his playing time. He is pissed that Zaun has been taking his place a bit more, and from what I understand, it's due to Molina's defensive inadequacies behind the plate, although he is much better offensively than Zaun.

edit: hey I was allowed to say pissed. sweet

Edited by soxunited

that base hit by PK put the pods mistake as a no effect on this inning...just he learned a very important lesson for free! i am assuming that glaus wouldnt have made an error on the throw to first.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1-0 sox paulie yes, keep it going JD, lets get to this pen early
Edited by whitesoxmanager